Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Global Horizontal Ad1

Collapse

Google Tag Manager

Collapse

Google Website Review Code

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just copped Philip Scott's New Book: 7 Steps To Decolonize The Mind.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just copped Philip Scott's New Book: 7 Steps To Decolonize The Mind.

I just copped the book, and I am reading it. It's pretty good so far. Anybody else got it?

Originally posted by jboldeniv View Post
    I just copped the book, and I am reading it. It's pretty good so far. Anybody else got it?
    I just finished reading Philip Scott's book. It was a pretty quick read. It was pretty informative. I gleaned a lot of good information from it.

Comment

I just finished reading Philip Scott's book. It was a pretty quick read. It was pretty informative. I gleaned a lot of good information from it.

I'm gonna thumb through it. Have had down time have been crushing 1 per book per 48 hrs.

Comment

Ok. I read it.

I didn't read anything I hadn't heard before or learn anything new. I was let down. Honestly this is the kind of lazy writing that anyone can publish and call themself an author.

But, it wasn't terrible or a waste of time. Ive read much longer, more indepth books that were absolute trash. This was more like a long rant or online post. There wasn't any sources, no studies, no data, no stats, not even really any personal experience, just one man telling you what he thinks you should hear.

He did mention some books one should read which if they are interested in studying black people, they should know these titles, books, authors.

The important thing is that we read, pass on knowledge to others.
        Last edited by Reeves; 2 weeks ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Reeves View Post

Ok. I read it.

I didn't read anything I hadn't heard before or learn anything new. I was let down. Honestly this is the kind of lazy writing that anyone can publish and call themself an author.

But, it wasn't terrible or a waste of time. Ive read much longer, more indepth books that were absolute trash. This was more like a long rant or online post. There wasn't any sources, no studies, no data, no stats, not even really any personal experience, just one man telling you what he thinks you should hear.

He did mention some books one should read which if they are interested in studying black people, they should know these titles, books, authors.

The important thing is that we read, pass on knowledge to others.
          Hey Reeves? If you were interested in reading his book, maybe you should try picking up a copy of mine and reading it. If you think about getting it, get the E-Book, it's much cheaper. Click on the book image in this link, it will take you straight to the E-Book.
          An in-depth look into the thoughts of a young black male as he struggles to forge a path for himself in a rather racist, hate-filled world around him.

Comment

Hey Reeves? If you were interested in reading his book, maybe you should try picking up a copy of mine and reading it. If you think about getting it, get the E-Book, it's much cheaper. Click on the book image in this link, it will take you straight to the E-Book.
            I read the Phillip Scott book. Like I said, it wasn't for me. I felt it was more like a long winded well written rant or online post than an actual book.

I don't need to read a book that talks about or tells me about the black experience, or really anyone else's black experience. I'm black! Im sure any of us could all get in a room and split hairs about what we have and haven't experienced but at the end of the day, a lot of the books from beginning authors or self published are just writings.

I understand the need to express ones self and the necessity of having our lives and experiences acknowledged and validated on a individual and personal basis.

We need to move past the "this is what we go through" "this is what we've gone through" "this is what I went through" "this is what I'm going through" and provide the answers, the solutions.

We should have roadmaps, recipes. We are stuck on phase 1, identify and sharing the experiences. There's not a lot of content afterwards. We need to have more content like "We should be eating these types of foods to maintain our health and longevity." "We should be doing these types of exercises for physical health.". "Here is what we should be looking to invest our money in and why" "here is how we can save money" "here is what we should be doing, and how to get involved."

Actual things that we can apply. Not this hypothetical "here's what to do in this situation" but "If you want to get into coding and want certifications, here's a list of the certifications you will want to get and why. Here's a list of reputable sources of obtain the certifications. Here are companies that are hiring. Here is how you can start your own business with these certifications....etc"

A good book on exercising or fitness doesn't just say "I'm out of shape, I want to be fit, being fit would be good, here is what it's like to be In shape." A good fitness book tells you what exercises to do, how to do them, when to do them, how to progress. From start to finish.

Same with a good cook book. It'll tell you what the dish is, the components, how some of the components compliment each other and accentuate the taste, substitutions, how to prepare it, etc.

Anyone can get a copy of 48 laws of power, art of war, 7 habits of highly successful people. We should have more books like this but for being black. Navigating black life. Being black and successful. Being black and having a business, running a business. Being black and being in real estate. Being black and eating healthy, cooking healthy, etc. Granted a lot of the techniques and skills and such are the same for everyone whether you are white or Asian, you have to remember these international best sellers and popular books are typically written from someone who isn't black. So just walking in with your head up and exhibiting confidence isn't going to work as a black man like it does as a white man. We need more insight, knowledge and experience from us, for us, to us.

​​​​

Comment

Working...
            X