Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Global Horizontal Ad1

Collapse

Google Tag Manager

Collapse

Google Website Review Code

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Man-Not: Race, Class, Genre, and the Dilemmas of Black Manhood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Man-Not: Race, Class, Genre, and the Dilemmas of Black Manhood

I suggest this book for 3 main reason: It is a book by a Black author, by a Black male author, and it is in depth about Black male disposability. I am currently reading it, but just after reading the Introduction I know this book will be full of useful and necessary information for Black men. Dr. Tommy Curry wrote something serious and all Black American men should seriously view it. A short quote
    I write to you from a world where an innocent Black man can be deprived of decades from his life and convicted of rape because his face came to a woman in a dream as her rapist. This is the precariousness that has come to define what Black men and boys endure as life. I write this book to give voice to the Black male coerced into silence: his experiences denied within disciplines and his realities refused by theory.

Originally posted by GreenJagWar View Post
    I suggest this book for 3 main reason: It is a book by a Black author, by a Black male author, and it is in depth about Black male disposability. I am currently reading it, but just after reading the Introduction I know this book will be full of useful and necessary information for Black men. Dr. Tommy Curry wrote something serious and all Black American men should seriously view it. A short quote
    That book sounds pretty good.

Comment

Working...
    X