Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Global Horizontal Ad1

Collapse

Google Tag Manager

Collapse

Google Website Review Code

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ford CEO reveals EV reality: America 'cannot continue to import' batteries, earth minerals.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ford CEO reveals EV reality: America 'cannot continue to import' batteries, earth minerals.

I definitely support having more business in America than overseas. It's time to start bringing stuff back to the U.S.
    Ford CEO Jim Farley claimed the all-American automaker would be willing to invest in domestic mining and rare earth mineral production to help EV battery supply.

Originally posted by jboldeniv View Post
    I definitely support having more business in America than overseas. It's time to start bringing stuff back to the U.S.
    First we have to invest in buying domestic cars. I have never had a foreign car for that reason. The money stays here

Comment

Originally posted by jasondreamweaver View Post

First we have to invest in buying domestic cars. I have never had a foreign car for that reason. The money stays here
      I hear you bruh.

Comment

I'm the complete opposite of that. As much as domestic is something we have to consider when it comes to political and Countrywide made in our continent vehicles for the security of our relations in North America, you have to blame the oems for the situation of moving their manufacturing base out of the country to avoid taxes and other relatable money issues when it comes to saving money in the company. I prefer to buy for example Japanese cars when it comes to reliability and it's quality. But Ford is absolutely correct about what is happening in the car market when it comes to the battery Manufacturing. Let me give you guys a brief history of what's been going on in the past in the last 15 years in china. While countries like United States and other Western countries have been sitting back on electric car technology. China was sitting and watching and building up its battery electric vehicles not just for the sake of competition in the world markets but for the sake of dealing with their emissions that was wreaking havoc in China. In China they ban any form of internal combustion engines in certain areas of their cities to have better air quality. Even though it's harder to get a car license in China, it's heavily frowned upon to purchase a internal combustion engine for the price and the financing over the few years based on the China policy of CO2 emission. If you're considering to purchase a car in China it is heavily recommended to purchase an electric vehicle for these reasons. Now in North America and in the rest of the western world it's getting harder to consider to purchase a an internal combustion engine after the year 2035 because of the new regulations when it comes to purchasing a new car, but I understand their point of view. The other problem is that sourcing our materials has to be in the country's like North America for example because most of the battery production comes from you guessed it China. Course the materials from the Congo at a cheap price and they put it back into their economy in China with the rest of the electric car industry. We either need to start sourcing our materials in our country or hence countries or have her better trade relations with Africa with Fair Trade Practices when it comes to lithium Cobalt and other materials that could be used for electric cars. The race is on gentlemen.

Comment

Working...
        X