Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Global Horizontal Ad1

Collapse

Google Tag Manager

Collapse

Google Website Review Code

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Gear heads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Gear heads

Wondering how many of us wrench on our own cars. Myself not as much as I would like to but I do every so often. I have a 2012 Mustang GT with a Twin Turbo setup and support mods to match (fuel, rear, tranny, tune ETC ETC). Its a fun toy on low boost (660) high boost (720) I need my stickies on to hook. Either its fun as hell. Click image for larger version

Name:	mustang challenger scrambul.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	168.5 KB
ID:	5046
    Attached Files

I wasn't originally I'm PC, electronics, digital stuff guy, but its just becoming a interest to me at the most possible worst time. I stopped altogether driving because it was stressing me out. But now since we have the 1/2 petrol and electric and all EVs. I would like to get a utility something, so can have some offgrid ability and can give me the ability to move when the water comes (I'm Houston/outskirt of medical center.) if it has speed that would be luxury plus I would take. Like the mustang mach Es. 2020 ford bronco or range rover, since they all have stuff except the mustang for water clearance. Wanted to shoot for bmw ix base model, but see now they charge monthly fee for heated seats and that was just one of the things, but love that vehicle. But you can not be gear head with it, since you literally can not or not supposed to access the bonnet to do any work other than add water. Also in my area they are not stealing those type of batteries yet, only catalytic converters or up hot right now

Comment

Originally posted by Somebodysunclephil View Post
      I wasn't originally I'm PC, electronics, digital stuff guy, but its just becoming a interest to me at the most possible worst time. I stopped altogether driving because it was stressing me out. But now since we have the 1/2 petrol and electric and all EVs. I would like to get a utility something, so can have some offgrid ability and can give me the ability to move when the water comes (I'm Houston/outskirt of medical center.) if it has speed that would be luxury plus I would take. Like the mustang mach Es. 2020 ford bronco or range rover, since they all have stuff except the mustang for water clearance. Wanted to shoot for bmw ix base model, but see now they charge monthly fee for heated seats and that was just one of the things, but love that vehicle. But you can not be gear head with it, since you literally can not or not supposed to access the bonnet to do any work other than add water. Also in my area they are not stealing those type of batteries yet, only catalytic converters or up hot right now
      That BMW is pretty nice. It has alot of interesting features to it.

Comment

• Somebodysunclephil
        Somebodysunclephil commented
        Editing a comment
        Yep would definitely be my "reward to myself" car, but if pushed comes to shove sooner than later, I just mainly would try to look for a decent priced electric that has good camera package. For example the Rivian branded vehicles pretty much have cameras everywhere that's part of their security system and you can set up how you want back up the footage, I think some time ago I saw some youtube videos of people that were live streaming through them as they were driving, similar to the same I think you can do with the Tesla's camera system. But Rivian and the expensive brands have those, which in these times seems necessary feature.
    Working...
    X