Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Global Horizontal Ad1

Collapse

Google Tag Manager

Collapse

Google Website Review Code

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Akon gets dragged on Twitter for insulting Black American artists.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Akon gets dragged on Twitter for insulting Black American artists.

I don't know what Akon is doing, but he showed the divide between black Americans and Africans. Like I said before, before I moved to Cali, I had no clue how Africans felt about American blacks, or FBA. I learned quick about how they felt about us. They don't see us as being the same. They are actually out here COMPETING against black Americans.
    Akon gets dragged on Twitter for insulting Black American artists Akon normally flies under the radar, but he has made interesting comments about race, over the years. In spite of his Senegalese heritage, Akon was actually born in St. Louis. However, he represents for his home continent, which he considers to be Africa. Out there, […] The post Akon gets dragged on Twitter for insulting Black American artists appeared first on Hip Hop Vibe.

Originally posted by jboldeniv View Post
    I don't know what Akon is doing, but he showed the divide between black Americans and Africans. Like I said before, before I moved to Cali, I had no clue how Africans felt about American blacks, or FBA. I learned quick about how they felt about us. They don't see us as being the same. They are actually out here COMPETING against black Americans.
    Africans are very tribal and elitist.

It's why I check the lineage of anybody who experiences racism. Bc they use the race card at their convenience like Candace Owens did back when she was in high school. Now she claims it don't exist.

Comment

African Americans are also against Africans, I have experienced this my whole life...

Comment

I got love for both Black-Americans and Africans ...I'm mixed with both, mom is Black-American and my father was from Nigeria. The divide should end tbh....black ppl should get over our petty differences and unite against the enemy.

Comment

Why is it always our people publicly trashing one another? If gripes are held between other diasporas, I'm sure they are discussed behind closed doors, and offline.

Comment

Originally posted by jasondreamweaver View Post

Africans are very tribal and elitist.

It's why I check the lineage of anybody who experiences racism. Bc they use the race card at their convenience like Candace Owens did back when she was in high school. Now she claims it don't exist.
            Exactly. Africans shouldn't be competing against us. They should be competing against everyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by werty2cool View Post

African Americans are also against Africans, I have experienced this my whole life...
              Really? Tell me. What do African-Americans do against Africans? Are you talking about in the 80's?

Comment

Personally, I don't have anything against Africans who know what time it is. However, where I stay, these Africans have serious problems with American Blacks. Like I said before, I didn't even know that there was a divide between African and African-Americans until I moved out here. I just saw us all as black.

Comment

Personally, I don't have anything against Africans who know what time it is. However, where I stay, these Africans have serious problems with American Blacks. Like I said before, I didn't even know that there was a divide between African and African-Americans until I moved out here. I just saw us all as black.
                  Here goes a clip from Oshay about it.

Comment

I have never met an African who didn't express this sentiment. Yet have no smoke for the white people who do the same.

It was the civil rights movement that allowed a lot of immigrants to come here. And I don't recall any of them being hosed down by the police.

Comment

Here goes a clip from Oshay about it.

Comment

Really? Tell me. What do African-Americans do against Africans? Are you talking about in the 80's?
                        I've been discriminated by Africans Americans my whole life, from getting in fights in school, on the bus, and in my neighborhood, to the point that there was certain neighborhoods I couldn't go to because I knew it was going to be a problem, all over me being African, the funny thing is, is that the African Americans got along with the Asians, Hispanics, and Whites but they were all against us of course, but that was before we moved out of state, when we arrived in the new state, we again moved to majority African American neighborhood where we were never welcomed, and where they throw trash on our yard every other day, the reality is, is that African Americans are just as racist as everybody else is, is just that they don't have the smoke for non-blacks because they look up to them and envy them and want to be accepted by them, but when it comes to a group that they don't hold in the same regard then they'll hate you worse than a white person would

Comment

I've been discriminated by Africans Americans my whole life, from getting in fights in school, on the bus, and in my neighborhood, to the point that there was certain neighborhoods I couldn't go to because I knew it was going to be a problem, all over me being African, the funny thing is, is that the African Americans got along with the Asians, Hispanics, and Whites but they were all against us of course, but that was before we moved out of state, when we arrived in the new state, we again moved to majority African American neighborhood where we were never welcomed, and where they throw trash on our yard every other day, the reality is, is that African Americans are just as racist as everybody else is, is just that they don't have the smoke for non-blacks because they look up to them and envy them and want to be accepted by them, but when it comes to a group that they don't hold in the same regard then they'll hate you worse than a white person would
                          I'm sorry that you had to go through that.

Comment

Working...
                          X