Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Global Horizontal Ad1

Collapse

Google Tag Manager

Collapse

Google Website Review Code

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are You A Developer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are You A Developer?

I'm a software developer with about 18 years experience in the field. If the board would like, I could start a thread on learning the fundamentals of software development all the way to advanced.

Let me know if you're interested.

Originally posted by TheHarmattan View Post
    I'm a software developer with about 18 years experience in the field. If the board would like, I could start a thread on learning the fundamentals of software development all the way to advanced.

Let me know if you're interested.
    I am very interested. That would be great.

Comment

Originally posted by jboldeniv View Post

I am very interested. That would be great.
      OK, I'll start a new thread later today or early tomorrow and we can get to business.

Comment

YES! We need more brothers developing software! I've been developing software for 10+ years and been writing code that my peers are unable to compete with and I've never taken a single college course or obtained a degree. I've launched 2 on the play store and 3 apps on the app store recently and 1 of those apps I recently launched has advanced graphic design technology that can compete with Adobe Illustrator, Affinity Designer, Corel Draw etc. and I wrote every line of code myself.

I say all that to make a point that we need more brothers coding because I'm convinced that with our hustle and our ability to solve problems and make logical sense of the world, once a brother figures out how to simply read and write computer code 1 language he's capable of doing the work of 10 men in any language.

The more of us there are writing code the more powerful and self-sufficient we'll all become.
        Big thanks to TheHarmattan for taking the initiative to teach. I'd like to help in any way I can just let me know how.

Comment

Yes I am. Been one for bit but I've yet to hone my skills. I'm ready to learn

Comment

Wow, glad to see yall here. look forward to learning from you.
            TheHarmattan
            BrotherJon
            Ive been working in IT network management for close to 20 years and there is little to no room for advancement in the places ive worked.
            So, ive recently separated, taking some time off. the pressure to get a vaccine also didnt help.

after doing some research on a better paying IT field as well as opportunities to venture out on my own, I decided I was going to
            self study into backend development.

When I was in college (before I dropped out) they made me take some html, javascript etc. (im not much of a front end guy, not very creative)
            but as soon as I took a look at python I loved it because it was the easiest among backend and most in demand, it all came back to me pretty fast.
            not only that, but it just came to me naturally because its much more technical and not so much "designy" and getting the right colors (front end stuff)

its been about a month into it. 4-5 hours on weekdays and maybe 8 on the wknd.
            I have a python pcep exam scheduled for april 1, 2022 while Im looking for another IT job to sustain until I can get maybe....
            python
            django
            sql
            once i get these under my belt, ill be looking to transition to a junior developer position. (based on my backend development research)
            or if I feel Im really really good, Id look for another black front end programmer to start a project

BrotherJon The fact that you have actually launched projects is amazing. and self taught as well. #inspired

right now all my free time is python learning at the moment.
            honestly, im just passed the point of doing beginner projects on my own without looking up the answers.
            bagels
            rock paper scissors
            hangman
            password generator....easy stuff
            self study is a bit more sporadic because you have to piece your curriculum together from books, youtube, udemy etc.
            when I attempt more advanced stuff, it takes me longer because I have to watch the tutorial strip it down into pieces
            and then understand one block at a time. but........ "I AM IMPROVING" for sure. just not as smooth as an established curriculum.

the beginning stages are the hardest but on each new attempt at a different project im seeing improvements.
            Its actually quite difficult finding the next stage of developer projects. all the stuff on youtube is either for absolute beginners or
            so advanced, I have no idea wtf is going on.

but this week, im getting started with some beginner tuts on django and tkinter.
            im getting bored with the small python projects.
            if you guys know of a resource to get some more in depth projects.

and ANY mentorship you guys can offer, I'm all ears.
            especially, yall being self taught. well, at least one of you for sure.

I feel like im typing a lot.
            ​​​​​​​hit me back.

Comment

Working...
            X