Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Global Horizontal Ad1

Collapse

Google Tag Manager

Collapse

Google Website Review Code

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fly-by complete! NASA's Orion spacecraft passes within just 80 MILES of the moon and snaps a stunning photo as it swings by.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fly-by complete! NASA's Orion spacecraft passes within just 80 MILES of the moon and snaps a stunning photo as it swings by.

The Earth looks super small from its distance from the moon. I'm surprised that the moon looks as visible as it does from the sky at night. The sun is far away from the earth. I'm surprised that we can feel the heat from the sun.
    As part of the Artemis I mission, the Orion module was required to circle the moon in order to help it place itself into its orbit later this week. Just before it did so, it took a photo of our natural satellite.

Originally posted by jboldeniv View Post
    The Earth looks super small from its distance from the moon. I'm surprised that the moon looks as visible as it does from the sky at night. The sun is far away from the earth. I'm surprised that we can feel the heat from the sun.
    It's hard to capture the moon on the phone. So that's a clear shot with NASA technology. We got a long way to go

Comment

Originally posted by jasondreamweaver View Post

It's hard to capture the moon on the phone. So that's a clear shot with NASA technology. We got a long way to go
      Yep.

Comment

Working...
      X