Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Global Horizontal Ad1

Collapse

Google Tag Manager

Collapse

Google Website Review Code

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College or Trade School?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• College or Trade School?

I'm anti-College in terms of going for anything that doesn't require a degree, especially an experience. A lot of children hear about why they should go to college, but they don't hear the reasons why they shouldn't enroll. The counterargument to college rivals the discussion of why trade school would be a much better fit, they both lack attention... from what I've seen. Our children are worth these compare and contrast discussions because it potentially spares them any unnecessary debt for the road ahead. What do you think?

Regardless of their path, we also have valuable information our children can benefit from (some of us have trained our managers). We even have the ability to provide our children with the tools to learn and prepare for a career and/or business. I think one of the best moves is to show your children the ropes when it comes to your business if you own one so that they can take it over when the time comes and if it's not the preferred route for them they can put the right management in place to maintain it. I've seen companies close and even homes get sold because the next generation let them go by the wayside; These are treasures that add to generational wealth. This won't be taught in school, but it's valuable regardless of how you slice it.

Anyway, what are your thoughts?

Click image for larger version

Name:	download (90).jpg
Views:	26
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	1493

I'm currently a graduate student so I would take exception to anyone believing school is a waste of time. First and foremost secular knowledge, as well as intra and inter-racial knowledge, is necessary to have an expansive mind, something that many universities offer as an experience. Just speaking from my own experience, as someone who lived in the inner city for so long survived the LA riots and made it past the age of 18 just simply going to college was an accomplishment itself so many parents didn't have the wherewithal to equip their children to choose their majors wisely which is why guidance counselors at various universities are available to educate you on selecting majors that have the pragmatic benefit to you when you graduate. Colleges/Universities are really about evolving yourself and simply experience the feel and aura of school pride, immersing oneself in intellectual stimulation, and finding oneself in what they want in life and growing. I have no personal issues with those who decide to go to trade school as some may not have the patience to sit through a lecture. Some may not be able to learn adequately in that environment and succeed. Trade school in my view is designated for those who opt out of the university/college route and want to go through something to which there is a job waiting for them at the end. At the end of the day, there is no right or wrong answer, it merely depends on the individual.

Comment

Our current system of education is outdated and is mostly a waste of time. But it does work for some people, less if they are Black. Too much education doesn't prepare you for the subject only for the job. And most schools are still based on factory work not intellectual work. Plus, its mostly been a way to force kids into debt.

Comment

Working...
      X