Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Global Horizontal Ad1

Collapse

Google Tag Manager

Collapse

Google Website Review Code

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Descendent of Slavery says that she received her reparations, and it changed the course of their lives.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Descendent of Slavery says that she received her reparations, and it changed the course of their lives.

I bet you that it did change the course of their lives. That's why the government doesn't want to pay.
    “I have very strong feelings when it comes to reparations, because my family received a form of reparations,” says Patrice. Patrice says her great-great-grandmother, Florence, was born enslaved to a white slave owner father six months before the emancipation proclamation. She says that when Florence got married, her father helped her buy 40 acres of land in Hazlehurst, MS. “My family got reparations from my great-great-great grandfather Ephraim Payton Jr.,” Patrice says. “This property has been passed down, and it has remained in my family for over four generations … The land that we’ve inherited has kept my family together through generations, which is not typical for a lot of Black American families. Without this property, my family wouldn’t have a leg to stand on.” Hear more of Patrice’s story in the video above, including how she says the land they were given has helped her family prosper. On Tuesday’s episode of Dr. Phil, "'Should We Allow Reparations to Black Americans?'" Dr. Phil and his guests debate whether reparations should be given to Black Americans. Check local listings to see where you can watch.

Generational wealth is something a lot of us lacked in our community. This example is not reparations because the government didn't give them that land.

Comment

Originally posted by jasondreamweaver View Post
      Generational wealth is something a lot of us lacked in our community. This example is not reparations because the government didn't give them that land.
      I see.

Comment

Working...
      X