Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Global Horizontal Ad1

Collapse

Google Tag Manager

Collapse

Google Website Review Code

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The PS5 Pro would arrive in April 2023 with liquid cooling.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The PS5 Pro would arrive in April 2023 with liquid cooling.

The PS5 Pro would arrive in April 2023 with liquid cooling

BY WILLIAM ZIMMERON 22/01/202313 COM'S While the PS5 has been out for just over 2 years now, Sony is now reportedly preparing to launch a brand new model. It would arrive in just a few weeks, according to a source close to the file.

Above all, a huge precision is required: all the information that follows is to be taken with huge tweezers. Sony has not yet formalized anything, not even the existence of a PS5 Pro. In addition, we are not immune to a last-minute turnaround on the part of the company. Change of date, change of name, or even cancellation of the project, everything is still possible. Finally, this information comes from a source who wishes to remain anonymous (in his defense, it has already contacted us in the past and had been reliable). Therefore, it is better to be extremely careful, hence the use of the conditional throughout the following article.

An anonymous source has just revealed exclusively interesting information about Sony's next home console. According to her, the Japanese giant should market a brand new model of PS5 as early as April 2023, about two and a half years after the release of the original version at the end of 2020.

Our informant announces that it would be a Pro model, and not a "slim" version that we have been hearing about for several months now. If it is indeed a Pro model, it probably means that we can expect an increase in the performance of the console, and therefore a new chip signed AMD. However, it is still too early to know what to expect in terms of power. THE PS5 PRO WOULD BE ENTITLED TO A BRAND NEW COOLING SYSTEM

In addition to increased performance, the source reveals that the main novelty of the Pro version would be at the level of cooling. The PS5 is currently cooled using a recently controversial liquid metal compound as well as a fan.

However, Sony is expected to replace this system on the new generation with liquid cooling, or "watercooling", which is usually found in some gaming PCs. We can therefore expect better heat management, which will not be refused to cool the console if the chip is more powerful. A change in cooling could also lead to a change in the design, but again, we will have to wait to know more about this. THE PS5 PRO SHOULDN'T OVERSHADOW THE PS5

While waiting for the arrival of the new model, Sony could sell its stocks of PS5. Recall that Sony had recently said that the famine was now over, and that it should be easier for you to get a copy. Nevertheless, the two models should not compete with each other and could coexist for a long time, as was the case for the PS4 and PS4 Pro. Above all, it is highly likely that the PS5 Pro will be sold much more expensive than the PS5. Finally, there is no guarantee that the PS5 Pro will be produced in sufficient numbers to meet demand, especially given the current shortage of electronic components. We would then find ourselves in the same situation as the PS5 at the time of its release in 2020.

Finally, last downside: if a PS5 Pro or a slim version were to be marketed soon, it is probably through a State-Of-Play that the Japanese firm will announce it, as it usually does. And no event of this kind is planned for the moment, so it will be necessary to take his trouble in patience ...​​
    Alors que la PS5 est sortie depuis maintenant un peu plus de 2 ans, Sony se prépare désormais à lancer un tout nouveau modèle.

I can't say who is more Apple like Sony or Nintendo. I don't know why for me even though they some cool games on it, becasue you know ProJapan and really good first party studio. But just like hirizon dawn, returnal they can be just as awesome on PC. The only thing seems unique is the controller, which they are just not allowing all the features to be used on purpose or just say its up to the developers. Which I wouldn't be surprised if there was some type of pay barrier. Their vr is tight, but guess what you are locked into , the apple/sony eco system, when on the flip side to get something comparible you could just get the steam vr kit which is already top teir mostly*.

Comment

Liquid cooling is nice on the see through desktop.

This sounds like a recipe for disaster. Bc I only know gamers and computer lovers use that technology

Comment

Originally posted by jasondreamweaver View Post
        Liquid cooling is nice on the see through desktop.

This sounds like a recipe for disaster. Bc I only know gamers and computer lovers use that technology
        Yep. My main rig uses liquid cooling, as well as the one that i am building.

Comment

Do you have an invisible case

Comment

Originally posted by jasondreamweaver View Post
            Do you have an invisible case
            Nah. My cases are black.

Comment

Working...
            X