Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Global Horizontal Ad1

Collapse

Google Tag Manager

Collapse

Google Website Review Code

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Racism in online gaming is rampant. The toll on youth mental health is adding up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Racism in online gaming is rampant. The toll on youth mental health is adding up.

I have been knowing about this for years. I remember playing other people in Super Street Fighter II Turbo, and Street Fighter Alpha 3 online back in the day, and the N-word was frequently used on there. They would say it constantly online. This is an old phenomenon. It bothered a little bit sometimes, but for the most part, I ignored it. I didn't let it get to me, and I definitely didn't get suicidal over it.

Racism in online gaming is rampant. The toll on youth mental health is adding up (msn.com)

Yes certain games do attract a certain kind too. Thats why fighting games there is no talking unless you are in invited lobby. Once game brand that I suspect attracted racists whites was that Warhammer 40k Space Marine series, because I love some of the lore an universe, but at the same time if you look closely at the designs and things used in the game. The look very similar to KKK or German stuff. Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	76
Size:	877.3 KB
ID:	15672

Comment

It completely turned me off to gaming online. I prefer solo mission games

Comment

Originally posted by jasondreamweaver View Post
        It completely turned me off to gaming online. I prefer solo mission games
        I see.

Comment

Working...
        X