Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Global Horizontal Ad1

Collapse

Google Tag Manager

Collapse

Google Website Review Code

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody on here work out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody on here work out?

Does anybody on here work out? I used to work out 3 times a week when I was younger. Now, that I'm an older man, I don't work out like I used to. I have to get back into it. For my workout, I hit the heavy bag, I do pull-ups, and do squats against the wall. When I was younger, I did wide-arm pull-ups, I used to lift weights, I used to squat, and I ran around Lake Merritt. My workout is nowhere near what it used to be. However, I plan on slowly incorporating more workouts into my regimen. It's alot harder because I lost almost all of my muscle when I got older. I plan on getting it back though. Does anybody on here work out? If so, what workouts do you do?

Getting back into working out is challenging for older men during this pandemic. Jogging keeps the cardio up but only lifting weights keeps the muscles in shape.

Get back into lifting slow. The muscles will respond quickly but not the ligaments and tendons. Avoid injury to these connecting tissue by doing lower weight and more reps. And when your muscles start coming back and you're feeling good and strong, DO NOT go heavy like we used to! I pulled a ligament and knocked me out of the gym for a week. We are not young anymore. CRAP!

Comment

Originally posted by glynch View Post
      Getting back into working out is challenging for older men during this pandemic. Jogging keeps the cardio up but only lifting weights keeps the muscles in shape.

Get back into lifting slow. The muscles will respond quickly but not the ligaments and tendons. Avoid injury to these connecting tissue by doing lower weight and more reps. And when your muscles start coming back and you're feeling good and strong, DO NOT go heavy like we used to! I pulled a ligament and knocked me out of the gym for a week. We are not young anymore. CRAP!
      Good advice. I am going to keep it in mind when I work out.

Comment

I work out consistently. Boxing, calisthenics. I was a certified personal trainer for 5 years. Always worked independent, never for a gym. I don't like to push products and sell. I got into calisthenics because it's easy for people who don't have much. You don't need a membership to a gym, don't have to travel, don't need gear. There's no reason a person can't get down and start doing pushups, dips and body squats.

Comment

I walk, jog, and do pushups

Comment

I workout at fitness connection

Comment

Fit Life for Life
              or at least thats the Plan

My uncle came home from the marines when i was around 8 and he got me into the lifestyle. Im 31 now and been into exercise consistently ever since.

Comment

I purchased a Tempo home fitness system, its one of the best investments I made last year.

Comment

I workout 6 days a week. I don't have kids and this allows me time to take care of myself. I am married, but it doesn't have a negative impact at all. I work long hours in finance in NYC so the gym is necessary to decompress. Most people in finance are either gym rats or heavy partiers. I'm done with hangovers so the gym it is.

Comment

I’m just getting started after some years off. But I’m somewhat leery of going tob
                    Last edited by Marley; 05-07-2021, 02:16 PM. Reason: I made a typo

Comment

I’m somewhat leery of going to the gym in this COVID environment.

Comment

I've been getting back into working out more regularly now at the house, trying to do something every couple hours for 10-2o minutes. Pull-ups def. helping out a lot

Comment

Originally posted by Financial Hawks View Post
                          I've been getting back into working out more regularly now at the house, trying to do something every couple hours for 10-2o minutes. Pull-ups def. helping out a lot
                          I plan on getting back into it very soon. Me being an older man, it might not be as easy for me to put on muscle, but I definitely plan on getting back into it.

Comment

That's def. good to hear man!

Comment

Working...
                            X