Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Global Horizontal Ad1

Collapse

Google Tag Manager

Collapse

Google Website Review Code

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Here's what happens to your body when you give up caffeine.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's what happens to your body when you give up caffeine.

I can't drink Coffee due to my diabetes. Before I was diagnosed with Type-2 Diabetes in 2020, I used to like Coffee with cream and sugar. I wasn't addicted to it at all.
    When I was in college, caffeine was my best friend. Actually, the relationship was more intimate than that — you could say that caffeine was my lover. Just the smell of a strong pot of coffee would get me excited and stimulated. And it was there to help get me through tough times, like all-nighters ...

Its not fair...all the things we love right? I loathe running into people who say they don't drink coffee. I'm always in awe just like how do you function? I guess its that bad for me but it used to be a lot worse. Literally 3 cups a day was my happy medium. I've slowed down since then I must say. What helps I feel is if i set certain "rules" for myself. Things like: no coffee after 11am on my days off, 3pm workday cut off time *no exceptions*, do not immediately have coffee upon waking up - i like to give myself 1-2 hours grace period.

I'm a barista for context so this has been a lengthy battle for me...I think I'm at a good spot right now. Its probably going to take divine intervention for me to give up coffee honestly. lol thanks for reading guys <3

Comment

Originally posted by OnSilentWings View Post
      Its not fair...all the things we love right? I loathe running into people who say they don't drink coffee. I'm always in awe just like how do you function? I guess its that bad for me but it used to be a lot worse. Literally 3 cups a day was my happy medium. I've slowed down since then I must say. What helps I feel is if i set certain "rules" for myself. Things like: no coffee after 11am on my days off, 3pm workday cut off time *no exceptions*, do not immediately have coffee upon waking up - i like to give myself 1-2 hours grace period.

I'm a barista for context so this has been a lengthy battle for me...I think I'm at a good spot right now. Its probably going to take divine intervention for me to give up coffee honestly. lol thanks for reading guys <3
      I hear you bruh. I have never been addicted to coffee, but I used to drink my coffee with about 4 scoops of sugar and cream.

Comment

Originally posted by OnSilentWings View Post

This is like being a newly vegetarian fox in a hen house. It's fighting temptation on steroids

Comment

Originally posted by jboldeniv View Post

I hear you bruh. I have never been addicted to coffee, but I used to drink my coffee with about 4 scoops of sugar and cream.
          4 Scoops?! Damn

Click image for larger version

Name:	shannon-sharpe-laugh-hard.gif
Views:	63
Size:	236.4 KB
ID:	11187

Comment

Originally posted by jasondreamweaver View Post

4 scoops?! Damn

Click image for larger version

Name:	shannon-sharpe-laugh-hard.gif
Views:	63