Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Global Horizontal Ad1

Collapse

Google Tag Manager

Collapse

Google Website Review Code

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many people in here are growing their own food?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many people in here are growing their own food?

How many members in here are growing their own food? My brother is growing some of his own food. Like tomatoes, I think spinach, and some other types of vegetables. Anybody in here growing their own food?

my wife and I are growing yam, skellion and also we are working on bananas. we'll be doing most of this in pots because the soil here is not great for growing.

Comment

This year I grew some carrots, tomatoes, eggplant but not big enough to eat.

Comment

Originally posted by jasondreamweaver View Post
        This year I grew some carrots, tomatoes, eggplant but not big enough to eat.
        Update, this summer I grew tomatoes, peppers, eggplant, watermelon. The only thing that didn't grow was squash

Comment

Originally posted by jasondreamweaver View Post

Update, this summer I grew tomatoes, peppers, eggplant, watermelon. The only thing that didn't grow was squash
          That's great bruh.

Comment

Originally posted by jboldeniv View Post

That's great bruh.
            Yeah but I still have a lot to learn. I wish more of us did farming bc it's who we are.

We come from sharecroppers and I think we need to keep the legacy alive.

Comment

My brother grows some of his own food.

Comment

I'm stuck in a compartment but been trying to think what I could do if stuff got stupid, while I'm here. Anyone tried out something like that torpedo pot thing? The only clear setup I could see myself doing right now, but it cost a lot (think the cheapest thing I saw was a $1000 and only really to make enough for one person, but was super noob friendly), is getting a few set ups for self contained-ish (where all I need to do is change out the fluids may be add more nutrients or something at scheduled times.) hydroponics and put them around my unit. Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	57
Size:	853.6 KB
ID:	5328​
                Last edited by Somebodysunclephil; 10-14-2022, 11:16 AM.

Comment

What is that? It looks neat. My brother grows his own vegetables. My uncle and I have thought about doing the same thing. Nah. I haven't used torpedo pot.

Comment

Originally posted by Somebodysunclephil View Post
                    I'm stuck in a compartment but been trying to think what I could do if stuff got stupid, while I'm here. Anyone tried out something like that torpedo pot thing? The only clear setup I could see myself doing right now, but it cost a lot (think the cheapest thing I saw was a $1000 and only really to make enough for one person, but was super noob friendly), is getting a few set ups for self contained-ish (where all I need to do is change out the fluids may be add more nutrients or something at scheduled times.) hydroponics and put them around my unit. Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	57
Size:	853.6 KB
ID:	5328​
                    For a grand, I shouldn't have to lift a finger for things to grow. It should grow plants with sand lol

Comment

Abby Automated Grow Box System, The main draws for me, made for small space and noob friendly. I'm pretty sure there is way to get around using their stuff and probably a way to make a cheaper one, but who's going to do it? I used to take heating and cooling when I was at smiley high but with that, All I can do is probably make a ghetto ac or fix your older AC

Comment

Oh no, I hope the price is fixing to go up $1000 was already a bit much..

Comment

Hello as I am living near sea region suggest me some vrops,fruits or vegetables to grow in this conditions. If possible

Comment

Working...
                          X