Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Global Horizontal Ad1

Collapse

Google Tag Manager

Collapse

Google Website Review Code

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

COVID numbers are rising again, but Fauci not predicting another 'tsunami of hospitalizations and deaths'.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• COVID numbers are rising again, but Fauci not predicting another 'tsunami of hospitalizations and deaths'.

I have already had COVID, and I was asymptomatic. According to Dr. Fauci, even though COVID is on the rise again, there won't be a bunch of hospitalizations and deaths like it was the first time.

Amid a rise in COVID-19 infections -- as seen by first lady Jill Biden's recent bout with the virus -- public health experts are tracking the numbers but aren't "predicting that this is going to be a tsunami of hospitalizations and deaths the way we saw a year or more ago," Dr. Anthony Fauci said Sunday. "Given the level of immunity that we all have ... in other words, people who have been vaccinated, boosted, people who have been infected like you and I, where we have hybrid immunity, the chances of this being an overwhelming rush of cases and hospitalizations is probably low," Fauci, formerly the White House's top pandemic adviser and now a Georgetown University professor, told ABC "This Week" co-anchor Jonathan Karl. The next COVID-19 booster, expected to soon be authorized by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, will be an effective tool against the spread as it is "going to be pretty well matched to the kinds of viruses that are now circulating," Fauci said.
Working...
X