Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Global Horizontal Ad1

Collapse

Google Tag Manager

Collapse

Google Website Review Code

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How old were you when you first got a job?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jasondreamweaver View Post

I respect your honesty. My father went to college and joined the military.

​​​Hr encouraged college for the life experience and made me stay on campus all 4 years
    I still gained some experience, but it was all under the military's umbrella

Where'd you go to school?

Comment

Originally posted by JoeDueces View Post
      I still gained some experience, but it was all under the military's umbrella

Where'd you go to school?
      FAMU, a public HBCU in Florida

Comment

I was a Kroger person I think at 16 but the church use to use me before that so around 14 years old or younger.

Comment

Originally posted by Somebodysunclephil View Post
          I was a Kroger person I think at 16 but the church use to use me before that so around 14 years old or younger.
          Was this a Catholic church of your Mexican guardians,?

When you say use was it forced labii

Comment

• Somebodysunclephil
            Somebodysunclephil commented
            Editing a comment
            Lol nah man not like that. But I used to go to a black church of Christ with my grandmother, worked for free all day. Selling stuff, they had a Sunday school, with kitchen, etc....You know get paid in blessings.
            Last edited by Somebodysunclephil; 03-16-2023, 09:09 PM. Reason: to add more..

That sounds like volunteering

Comment

Originally posted by jasondreamweaver View Post

FAMU, a public HBCU in Florida
            Nice my cousin went there.

Comment

When I was about 8 or 9 I started bagging groceries at the supermarket 7 days a week for toy money also you could buy throwing knives and ninja stars on canal street. At 10 I started selling fireworks making really decent money. My mom even started charging me rent. My first legit job was making copies at H&R block at 14. I'm from Harlem NY

Comment

Originally posted by Lordgodking View Post
                When I was about 8 or 9 I started bagging groceries at the supermarket 7 days a week for toy money also you could buy throwing knives and ninja stars on canal street. At 10 I started selling fireworks making really decent money. My mom even started charging me rent. My first legit job was making copies at H&R block at 14. I'm from Harlem NY
                I hear you. That sounds good bruh. I sounds like you had a hard work ethic early in your life.

Comment

19 years old.
                  I am so excited for countdown to new york trip​

Comment

I got my first job when I was 17 years old at a grocery store when I lived in the LBC. I was a box boy, I walked into that store at the right time. The Manager gave me an app, I filled it out and they called me the next day. That was back in 1985, I was making $4.25 an hour, lol. I was getting paid because all my friends got jobs and they were making $3.35 and hour, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Lordgodking View Post
                      Did she at least save that money for you?

I think no child should be forced to pay bills especially in America

Comment

Originally posted by SaintG View Post
                        I got my first job when I was 17 years old at a grocery store when I lived in the LBC. I was a box boy, I walked into that store at the right time. The Manager gave me an app, I filled it out and they called me the next day. That was back in 1985, I was making $4.25 an hour, lol. I was getting paid because all my friends got jobs and they were making $3.35 and hour, lol.
                        That's actually a good start

Comment

I was 20 years old.
                          I am so excited for countdown to new york trip​

Comment

Originally posted by Lara View Post
                            I was 20 years old.
                            What did you do for your first job

Comment

My first job was a parking attendant. I was 15 at the time.

Comment

Working...
                              X