Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Global Horizontal Ad1

Collapse

Google Tag Manager

Collapse

Google Website Review Code

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The division of the black community

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The division of the black community

You don't have to look far to see that we are extremely fractured and divided on a number of subjects. And when someone comes and tries to bring everyone together so that we can all collectively work together to achieve our goals and aspirations the cracks amongst us become more and more apparent.
    Why is it so difficult for us to come to a mutual understanding about things? When are we going to realize that they have been dividing us since we were brought here and even when we were under the worst of conditions we still couldn't put our differences aside for the greater good?
    Do black men really want freedom? Or do they want to remain disconnected from their own people always?

I'm a firm believer of Dr. Umar Johnson's belief in "post-traumatic slave disorder." We haven't learned how to be a community, not even a monolith unless it has to do with the mass execution of systemic racism. Even then, some of us don't believe in the existence of systemic racism. I personally want black unity. I want black men to excel and succeed, but I also want him to help his fellow brother. I believe in order to help the human family e need to be the best towards each other.

Comment

But is it even possible to achieve black unity in this lifetime? Are we right to assume that such a thing could exist despite the fact that we have been divided for more than 6000 years?

Is it possible that the reality we live in won't allow us to be united the same way would ways be against each other?

Comment

Originally posted by Yautja View Post
        I'm a firm believer of Dr. Umar Johnson's belief in "post-traumatic slave disorder." We haven't learned how to be a community, not even a monolith unless it has to do with the mass execution of systemic racism. Even then, some of us don't believe in the existence of systemic racism. I personally want black unity. I want black men to excel and succeed, but I also want him to help his fellow brother. I believe in order to help the human family e need to be the best towards each other.
        Dr. Joy DeGruy birthed the concept and wrote the book on "Post-Traumatic Slave Disorder." I don't know if you already knew this or not, just thought you'd appreciate knowing where Umar gets it from.

Comment

For me it's not just the American problem. This is a global phenomenon that we need to understand that comes to the black community. And there are some out there that are doing that outside of diaspora. When we are talking about black Unity, I think we're talking about black people as a whole. Too long we have been subjugated into this Babylonian Institution. The changes are coming but I do not believe it will be part of the West for that sole heal for black people. We need to reconnect with their roots then we connect back to the communities in the west and rebuild in our own image socially ,economically and Also spiritually. We can also do that in Africa as well and build a better continent for our brothers and sisters. These are just my thoughts.

Comment

Originally posted by BodySlamBusiness View Post

Dr. Joy DeGruy birthed the concept and wrote the book on "Post-Traumatic Slave Disorder." I don't know if you already knew this or not, just thought you'd appreciate knowing where Umar gets it from.
            Didn't know that but thanks for the info...Good to know!

Comment

That's why people create website's like these. Here we can come to agreements and reach conclusions. Well, up to a point. Community begins and ends with people. Like you and me. So, I suggest continue putting ideas and theories out and reason people to your side. youtube works as well. You can join any of the various Black organizations or start your own. Or don't it's up to you. But I see no reason why this fight isn't a positive for Black people, even in defeat.

Comment

• malcolmxparis
                malcolmxparis commented
                Editing a comment
                I Agree GreenJagWar No shame in defeat the shame is being too scared or confused to even dare to try and fight back. We already know
                we are out-gunned (right now at least) and "surrounded" by our enemy. But as Malcolm once said:

"Dont give up your life all by itself, oh no, preserve your life its the best thing you got, but if you got to give it up - Let It Be 'Even Steven' "
            Working...
            X