Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Global Horizontal Ad1

Collapse

Google Tag Manager

Collapse

Google Website Review Code

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Entering the singularity: Has AI reached the point of no return?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Entering the singularity: Has AI reached the point of no return?

I know that, with the way things are going, there are going to be alot of people who are unemployed in the future.
    AI will be effective not only when machines can do what humans do (replication), but when they can do it better and without human supervision .

Originally posted by jboldeniv View Post
    I know that, with the way things are going, there are going to be alot of people who are unemployed in the future.
    I think AI is a good thing but with all things there's a downfall

Comment

Originally posted by jasondreamweaver View Post

I think AI is a good thing but with all things there's a downfall
      Yep.

Comment

In my opinion it can't be mitigated. The unfortunate thing is that when it comes to technological development there needs to be checks and balances between AI development , that also means the slowing down technological development within civilization over time. Would a country, city your place of origin in the world that is making some strides to inventions of Technologies like AI, should there be a slowing down of research and development over AI? Or technologies that assist AI development? Could have ramifications in our development on this planet? But if it were to save billions of people would that be the right call? And I'm not referencing The Matrix the movie LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by OJ006 View Post
          In my opinion it can't be mitigated. The unfortunate thing is that when it comes to technological development there needs to be checks and balances between AI development , that also means the slowing down technological development within civilization over time. Would a country, city your place of origin in the world that is making some strides to inventions of Technologies like AI, should there be a slowing down of research and development over AI? Or technologies that assist AI development? Could have ramifications in our development on this planet? But if it were to save billions of people would that be the right call? And I'm not referencing The Matrix the movie LOL.
          Good points bruh.

Comment

• OJ006
            OJ006 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you.
        Working...
        X