Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Global Horizontal Ad1

Collapse

Google Tag Manager

Collapse

Google Website Review Code

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Florida Rejects AP African-American Studies Course—Here’s What It Actually Teaches...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Florida Rejects AP African-American Studies Course—Here’s What It Actually Teaches...

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis claimed the course pushes a “political agenda.”

At the end of the day, Advanced Placement courses are 100% voluntary, and students have the choice of whether they want to take them or not. These aren't mandated courses, so if people don't want to take them, lol they just won't. They are college prep classes, so the average K-12 student won't have to take them, only those who genuinely are interested in the course will do so.

They identified the following sections as problematic: Intersectionality and Activism; Black Queer Studies; Movements for Black Lives; Black Feminist Literary Thought; the Reparations Movement and Black Study and Black Struggle in the 21st Century.

The only seeing section I have a problem with is the queer studies. Viewing LGB+ people through a different lens from other black people essentially creates further division amongst out people. If they are so hellbent on teaching that lifestyle, just wrap it up within the section of Intersectionality and call it a day.

It's rare that courses about our real history are offered at highschool levels, so really it annoys me how they dropped the ball on this.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeDueces View Post
      At the end of the day, Advanced Placement courses are 100% voluntary, and students have the choice of whether they want to take them or not. These aren't mandated courses, so if people don't want to take them, lol they just won't. They are college prep classes, so the average K-12 student won't have to take them, only those who genuinely are interested in the course will do so.

They identified the following sections as problematic: Intersectionality and Activism; Black Queer Studies; Movements for Black Lives; Black Feminist Literary Thought; the Reparations Movement and Black Study and Black Struggle in the 21st Century.

The only seeing section I have a problem with is the queer studies. Viewing LGB+ people through a different lens from other black people essentially creates further division amongst out people. If they are so hellbent on teaching that lifestyle, just wrap it up within the section of Intersectionality and call it a day.

It's rare that courses about our real history are offered at highschool levels, so really it annoys me how they dropped the ball on this.
      I agree bruh.

Comment

That bastard desantos is going to try and be VP if not president, we should remember and bring this up. But it most likely will not matter since they are making to where the black male vote, will not be high perctage for anyone to care. Since there is nothing for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Somebodysunclephil View Post
          That bastard desantos is going to try and be VP if not president, we should remember and bring this up. But it most likely will not matter since they are making to where the black male vote, will not be high percentage for anyone to care. Since there is nothing for me.
          I hear you bruh. Ron Desantis is somebody that I don't care for. I hope that he doesn't run for president. My vote will definitely be against him.

Comment

Working...
          X