Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Global Horizontal Ad1

Collapse

Google Tag Manager

Collapse

Google Website Review Code

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Unintentional Racism Found in Traffic Signals.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Unintentional Racism Found in Traffic Signals.

I never thought about this. What do y'all think? Is it racism to have a white pedestrian crossing signal?
    Technology and necessity propelled the shift from verbal crosswalk cues to a lunar-white Walking Person. But my heart still sinks at the specter of teaching my sons to ask a White man for permission to do — well, anything.

Originally posted by jboldeniv View Post
    I never thought about this. What do y'all think? Is it racism to have a white pedestrian crossing signal?
    I think these are distractions from the real issue for Black people which is reparations.

I noticed they tied queer studies to the AA AP course. And removed both reparations and the queer studies from the curriculum.

Comment

Originally posted by jasondreamweaver View Post

I think these are distractions from the real issue for Black people which is reparations.

I noticed they tied queer studies to the AA AP course. And removed both reparations and the queer studies from the curriculum.
      Man, if they ever give blacks reparations, people are going to trip out.

Comment

Originally posted by jboldeniv View Post

Man, if they ever give blacks reparations, people are going to trip out.
        I have high hopes of seeing this in my lifetime

Comment

Yeah. I would really be shocked to see something like that pass.

Comment

Working...
          X