Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Global Horizontal Ad1

Collapse

Google Tag Manager

Collapse

Google Website Review Code

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Black High School Student Says A Teacher Pushed Her Into A Wall For Not Saying The Pledge Of Allegiance, Even Though White Students Also Weren’t Participating.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Black High School Student Says A Teacher Pushed Her Into A Wall For Not Saying The Pledge Of Allegiance, Even Though White Students Also Weren’t Participating.

What do y'all think about this? I remember when I was a young kid, everybody had to say the pledge of allegiance.
    “I feel like she targeted me because I was Black and that she knew that this was something political,” Marissa Barnwell said. View Entire Post ›

Originally posted by jboldeniv View Post
    What do y'all think about this? I remember when I was a young kid, everybody had to say the pledge of allegiance.
    “Any person not wishing to say the ‘Pledge of Allegiance’ or otherwise participate in saying the ‘Pledge of Allegiance’ is exempt from participation and may not be penalized for failing to participate,” the code states. “A person who does not wish to participate may leave the classroom, may remain in his seat, or may express his nonparticipation in any form which does not materially infringe upon the rights of other persons or disrupt school activities.”

Case closed. These freedom of speech laws work both ways and since she wasn't hurting anyone. Why single her out

Comment

In school we also had the right not to say the pledge of allegiance. In fact by high school we stopped doing it

Comment

Originally posted by jasondreamweaver View Post

“Any person not wishing to say the ‘Pledge of Allegiance’ or otherwise participate in saying the ‘Pledge of Allegiance’ is exempt from participation and may not be penalized for failing to participate,” the code states. “A person who does not wish to participate may leave the classroom, may remain in his seat, or may express his nonparticipation in any form which does not materially infringe upon the rights of other persons or disrupt school activities.”

Case closed. These freedom of speech laws work both ways and since she wasn't hurting anyone. Why single her out
        True. I agree with you.

Comment

Originally posted by jasondreamweaver View Post
          In school we also had the right not to say the pledge of allegiance. In fact by high school we stopped doing it
          Yeah. I don't really remember us doing it in high school either.

Comment

Working...
          X