Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Global Horizontal Ad1

Collapse

Google Tag Manager

Collapse

Google Website Review Code

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transgender Female Lia Thomas wins, 22, blows away competition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transgender Female Lia Thomas wins, 22, blows away competition

What do you all think about this? Should Transgender Females compete against biological female women in sports? What are you all's thoughts on the matter.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Lia Thomas.jpg Views:	6 Size:	89.5 KB ID:	2623

Lia Thomas has become the first transgender athlete to win a National Collegiate Athletic Association swimming championship - with her controversial victory attracting a mixed reception.

The UPenn swimmer, 22, won the 500 yard freestyle in Atlanta in a time of 4 minutes, 33.24 seconds on Thursday evening.

Afterwards, the crowd were notably more enthusiastic when cheering for the woman who'd come second place - Emma Weyant, of the University of Virginia. She swam 4:34.99.

While Thomas was given some cheers, boos could also be heard ringing out throughout the spectator stands, as she continues to face allegations that going through male puberty has given her an unfair advantage over her rivals.

'I try to ignore it as much as I can, I try to focus on my swimming what I need to do to get ready for my races and I just try to block out everything else,' said Thomas after the race, when asked by ESPN about the response.
    • Thomas, 22, became on Thursday night the first transgender athlete to be crowned National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) champion
    • The transgender swimmer won her 500 yard freestyle, representing the University of Pennsylvania, in 4 minutes 33:24 seconds
    • Her victory was greeted with a notable lack of cheers in the stands, amid the controversy: she competed in men's competition until 2019
    • On the podium, Thomas was given the medal amid boos and some cheers: by contrast, the second placed competitor was given a huge cheer at her crowning
    • Thomas told ESPN after the race that she tried to drown out the controversy and focus on her swimming

Originally posted by jboldeniv View Post
    What do you all think about this? Should Transgender Females compete against biologically female women in sports? What are you all's thoughts on the matter.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Lia Thomas.jpg Views:	5 Size:	89.5 KB ID:	2623

Lia Thomas has become the first transgender athlete to win a National Collegiate Athletic Association swimming championship - with her controversial victory attracting a mixed reception.

The UPenn swimmer, 22, won the 500 yard freestyle in Atlanta in a time of 4 minutes, 33.24 seconds on Thursday evening.

Afterwards, the crowd were notably more enthusiastic when cheering for the woman who'd come second place - Emma Weyant, of the University of Virginia. She swam 4:34.99.

While Thomas was given some cheers, boos could also be heard ringing out throughout the spectator stands, as she continues to face allegations that going through male puberty has given her an unfair advantage over her rivals.

'I try to ignore it as much as I can, I try to focus on my swimming what I need to do to get ready for my races and I just try to block out everything else,' said Thomas after the race, when asked by ESPN about the response.
    • Thomas, 22, became on Thursday night the first transgender athlete to be crowned National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) champion
    • The transgender swimmer won her 500 yard freestyle, representing the University of Pennsylvania, in 4 minutes 33:24 seconds
    • Her victory was greeted with a notable lack of cheers in the stands, amid the controversy: she competed in men's competition until 2019
    • On the podium, Thomas was given the medal amid boos and some cheers: by contrast, the second placed competitor was given a huge cheer at her crowning
    • Thomas told ESPN after the race that she tried to drown out the controversy and focus on her swimming

Here's some more information regarding the biological differences between men and women. It's a pretty long read. According to the study, young males beat grown women in every category that they competed in. Read the PDF document below.

Alot of people don't agree with the idea of Trans-women competing against biological women. They think it's unfair. I don't really think that men and women should compete against each other. For the most part, the average man is stronger than the average woman. They are always some exceptions. However, putting men and women head-to-head shouldn't be allowed, in my personal opinion.

However, this is what many women wanted. They wanted to be equal in all things with the men. Now, we're equal. Therefore they got what they asked for.
    comparingathleticperformances.pdf
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jboldeniv View Post

Here's some more information regarding the biological differences between men and women. It's a pretty long read. According to the study, young males beat grown women in every category that they competed in. Read the PDF document below.

Alot of people don't agree with the idea of Trans-women competing against biological women. They think it's unfair. I don't really think that men and women should compete against each other. For the most part, the average man is stronger than the average woman. They are always some exceptions. However, putting men and women head-to-head shouldn't be allowed, in my personal opinion.

However, this is what many women wanted. They wanted to be equal in all things with the men. Now, we're equal. Therefore they got what they asked for.
      comparingathleticperformances.pdf
      COMPARING ATHLETIC PERFORMANCES THE BEST ELITE WOMEN TO BOYS AND MEN

Doriane Lambelet Coleman and Wickliffe Shreve If you know sport, you know this beyond a reasonable doubt: there is an average 10-12% performance gap between elite males and elite females. The gap is smaller between elite females and non-elite males, but it’s still insurmountable and that’s ultimately what matters. Translating these statistics into real world results, we see, for example, that: Just in the single year 2017, Olympic, World, and U.S. Champion Tori Bowie's 100 meters lifetime best of 10.78 was beaten

15,000 times by men and boys. (Yes, that’s the right number of zeros.) The same is true of Olympic, World, and U.S. Champion Allyson Felix’s 400 meters lifetime best of 49.26. Just in the single year 2017, men and boys around the world outperformed her more than 15,000 times. This differential isn’t the result of boys and men having a male identity, more resources, better training, or superior discipline. It’s because they have an androgenized body. The results make clear that sex determines win share.

Female athletes – here defined as athletes with ovaries instead of testes and testosterone (T) levels capable of being produced by the female, non-androgenized body – are not competitive for the win against males—here defined as athletes with testes and T levels in the male range. The lowest end of the male range is three times higher than the highest end of the female range. Consistent with females’ far lower T levels, the female range is also very narrow, while the male range is broad.

These biological differences explain the male and female secondary sex characteristics which develop during puberty and have lifelong effects, including those most important for success in sport: categorically different strength, speed, and endurance. There is no other physical, cultural, or socioeconomic trait as important as testes for sports purposes. The number of men and boys beating the world’s best women in the 100 and 400 meters is far from the exception. It’s the rule.

To demonstrate this, we compared the top women’s results to the boys’ and men’s results across multiple standard track and field events, just for the single year 2017. Our data are drawn from the International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) website which provides complete, worldwide results for individuals and events, including on an annual and an all-time basis. We have limited the analysis to those events where a direct performance comparison could be made. For instance, we included the 100 meters because both males and females compete over exactly the same distance; but we excluded the shot put because males and females use a differently weighted shot. TABLE 1 compares the number of boys – males under the age of 18 – whose results in each event in 2017 would rank them above the single very best elite “senior” woman that year. (In elite sport, “senior” simply means “adult.” The best “senior” athletes are the world’s best athletes.) TAB

Comment

Working...
      X