Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Global Horizontal Ad1

Collapse

Google Tag Manager

Collapse

Google Website Review Code

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Super Mario Bros actor John Leguizamo slams the 'all-white cast' of the remake and lack of 'Latinx leads' as Chris Pratt is cast as Mario.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super Mario Bros actor John Leguizamo slams the 'all-white cast' of the remake and lack of 'Latinx leads' as Chris Pratt is cast as Mario.

Do y'all think that he has a point? I really don't care, to be quite honest with you. Mario and Luigi are supposed to be Italian anyway.

The actor, 62, who played Luigi in the 1993 live-action, critiqued the casting choices as the film sees Chris Pratt take on the iconic role of the Italian plumber Mario.

Sounds like someone is pulling a LatinoXmen card because they didn't get the voice acting role. I meant they didn't use the actors likeness that much. If he and X people are upset holla at Robert Rodriguez he could literally could make the same thing or one just for mexicans they have lots of video game franchises out there, that are made by them for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Somebodysunclephil View Post
      Sounds like someone is pulling a LatinoXmen card because they didn't get the voice acting role. I meant they didn't use the actors likeness that much. If he and X people are upset holla at Robert Rodriguez he could literally could make the same thing or one just for mexicans they have lots of video game franchises out there, that are made by them for them.
      He's being doing that a lot lately while folks are disputing his own ethnicity. Even his own father had to tell people he isn't what he says he is.

John's supposed to be Italian too so I'm confused why is this about Latin actors. They act like Latin America doesn't have it's own movies and tv shows

Comment

Originally posted by jboldeniv View Post
        Do y'all think that he has a point? I really don't care, to be quite honest with you. Mario and Luigi are supposed to be Italian anyway.
        No. He needs to pick his battles more wisely. Bc at the end of the day they are white too.

Comment

Originally posted by jasondreamweaver View Post

No. He needs to pick his battles more wisely. Bc at the end of the day they are white too.
          Exactly.

Comment

Working...
          X