Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Global Horizontal Ad1

Collapse

Google Tag Manager

Collapse

Google Website Review Code

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An Army lieutenant pepper-sprayed by Virginia police during a traffic stop was awarded $3,600

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An Army lieutenant pepper-sprayed by Virginia police during a traffic stop was awarded $3,600

A US Army officer who was pepper sprayed, pushed to the ground and handcuffed by Windsor, Virginia, police officers during a 2020 traffic stop was awarded around $3,600 Tuesday in a lawsuit that was seeking $1 million in compensatory damages.
    Second Lt. Caron Nazario, who is Black and Latino, filed the suit in 2021 claiming that the two police officers violated his rights guaranteed under the First and Fourth Amendments during the traffic stop.

On Tuesday, Nazario was awarded $2,685 in compensation for damages after a jury determined former Windsor police officer Joe Gutierrez assaulted the Army officer. The jury also determined that Officer Daniel Crocker must pay $1,000 in punitive damages for an illegal search of his vehicle, court documents show.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2023/01/18/u...uit/index.html

Originally posted by jasondreamweaver View Post
    A US Army officer who was pepper sprayed, pushed to the ground and handcuffed by Windsor, Virginia, police officers during a 2020 traffic stop was awarded around $3,600 Tuesday in a lawsuit that was seeking $1 million in compensatory damages.
    Second Lt. Caron Nazario, who is Black and Latino, filed the suit in 2021 claiming that the two police officers violated his rights guaranteed under the First and Fourth Amendments during the traffic stop.

On Tuesday, Nazario was awarded $2,685 in compensation for damages after a jury determined former Windsor police officer Joe Gutierrez assaulted the Army officer. The jury also determined that Officer Daniel Crocker must pay $1,000 in punitive damages for an illegal search of his vehicle, court documents show.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2023/01/18/u...uit/index.html
    Man, only 3600 dollars? That's nothing.

Comment

Wow that'll just pretty much only cover his legal fees.

Comment

Originally posted by jboldeniv View Post

Man, only 3600 dollars? That's nothing.
        I thought law enforcement and military personnel were allies. Not this case.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeDueces View Post
          Wow that'll just pretty much only cover his legal fees.
          If that's the most he's getting I'd sue for legal fees too. But I guess the latino community chose not to support him in the case.

Comment

I thought law enforcement and military personnel were allies. Not this case.
            Exactly.

Comment

If that's the most he's getting I'd sue for legal fees too. But I guess the latino community chose not to support him in the case.
              Yep.

Comment

Working...
              X