Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Global Horizontal Ad1

Collapse

Google Tag Manager

Collapse

Google Website Review Code

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who in this forum builds computers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who in this forum builds computers?

Any member of this forum builds computers? I am asking because I am wondering if anyone has built a computer using the Ryzen Threadripper, or any other Ryzen processor. Did you use Liquid
    Cooling? What motherboard did you use? Was it ATX, or Extended-ATX? What case? Was is it a Full-Tower, or Mid-Tower? I had to buy a huge tower for my E-ATX motherboard. I have an AIO liquid cooler for the Threadripper that I haven't put together yet. I have built custom pcs for years. However, the one that I have to put together with the Ryzen Threadripper has me confused. I have to get started on it soon, or else, it will be out of warranty. Has anybody built any computer using the Ryzen processor?

I built custom gaming computers using trailing bleeding edge video PCI extended cards onto modern standard Motherboards. What is the advantage of Ryzen over intel or AMD?

Comment

Originally posted by Gerald_Layne View Post
      I built custom gaming computers using trailing bleeding edge video PCI extended cards onto modern standard Motherboards. What is the advantage of Ryzen over intel or AMD?
      Amd is the one who created Ryzen. It's their newest chips. I am still, currently, using the AMD FX-8350 processor. It's an 8-core processor. I purchased a Ryzen Threadripper a few years ago, that I still haven't put together yet. It's a 16-core processor. The advantages that the Ryzen have over Intel, is that the Ryzen has the better price to performance ratio. Currently, it has more cores than Intel, and it is using the 7nm technology; which, offers better performance and 40% power reduction. Intel, I believe, is still using the 10nm technology. I've been an AMD Fanboy for years. I have been using AMD since the first Athlon came out. To me AMD is the better choice.

Comment

I'm sorry that second response was like a robot

Comment

Lol.

Comment

I put together PCs. I used to do a little business as my second job, where I put together builds for people. Only charged for labor and any follow up tech support, that was not needed or legitimate (like I used to have a client that was a drinker, so when he get drunk and is playing something, get mad and start kicking the PC. So had to be there replacing things a lot.) Then was trying to get program started at planned parent hood, where I was going to be doing workshop with peoples in the hoods around south park and third ward to build PCs and do what I was doing. But my homie suddenly passed that was the Grant writer for the one in that area. He was doing mines for the workshop. At the same time I was trying to expand but didn't want to hire people I didn't know to work with me. Wanted my friends and family but noone was interested in PCs like that, but I started doing lil bigger stuff through working projects with different churches. I knew from previous observations of how BLACK church this was very risky. But a combination of wanting do bigger stuff and trying to work, lift up black peoples I went ahead anyways. Long story short, would have had to sue to get paid. That essentially killed that drive for me, then got mislead in college to switch to digital simulation instead of continuing my PC stuff.. This picture is a case concept I was modelling some time ago, I waned the entire grey part to be heatsink , which is why its kind like a grill. At the top is supposed to be a button and knob/wheel. Push/hold the button in the middle to turn off or tap it to reset. Turning the knob, could be used to either control fans in the case or you could use it to control the volume.
            The problem is before I could go further with the design, I would have to research how to determine or control which direction the heat would go, without using huge or a lot of fans. in the design messing up the look.

Comment

I see. That design is tight. Have you ever put together a computer that uses All-In-One liquid cooling? The one that I am putting together uses liquid cooling.

Comment

• Somebodysunclephil
                Somebodysunclephil commented
                Editing a comment
                Not recently but, to be honest if you have done it a bunch before it's not that crucial to be update on those unless I was doing a none AIO. But if you have the correct backplate bracket for your pump and you got room for your either 120 240 or 360 rad that is with it if the rad is being installed vertically then make sure your the part that connects to the rad is at the top install. If your case allows just install it horizontally at the top. That's pretty much it. 1/ back plate to MOBO. 2/ put on ya thermal paste or pad that either came with AIO or you bought, put that on the processor that should not have been moved at any point in the process. 3/ after you screw down the circular pump over the CPU position and screw in the radiator. Depending on the AIO you will have SATA power, Fan and probably LED cables that have to be connected on the motherboard that has to be used unless you have something like a commander pro in the mix.

Originally posted by Somebodysunclephil View Post
              I put together PCs. I used to do a little business as my second job, where I put together builds for people. Only charged for labor and any follow up tech support, that was not needed or legitimate (like I used to have a client that was a drinker, so when he get drunk and is playing something, get mad and start kicking the PC. So had to be there replacing things a lot.) Then was trying to get program started at planned parent hood, where I was going to be doing workshop with peoples in the hoods around south park and third ward to build PCs and do what I was doing. But my homie suddenly passed that was the Grant writer for the one in that area. He was doing mines for the workshop. At the same time I was trying to expand but didn't want to hire people I didn't know to work with me. Wanted my friends and family but noone was interested in PCs like that, but I started doing lil bigger stuff through working projects with different churches. I knew from previous observations of how BLACK church this was very risky. But a combination of wanting do bigger stuff and trying to work, lift up black peoples I went ahead anyways. Long story short, would have had to sue to get paid. That essentially killed that drive for me, then got mislead in college to switch to digital simulation instead of continuing my PC stuff.. This picture is a case concept I was modelling some time ago, I waned the entire grey part to be heatsink , which is why its kind like a grill. At the top is supposed to be a button and knob/wheel. Push/hold the button in the middle to turn off or tap it to reset. Turning the knob, could be used to either control fans in the case or you could use it to control the volume.
              The problem is before I could go further with the design, I would have to research how to determine or control which direction the heat would go, without using huge or a lot of fans. in the design messing up the look.
              I'd buy that if I was a gamer or had CAD skills

Comment

Originally posted by jboldeniv View Post
                I see. That design is tight. Have you ever put together a computer that uses All-In-One liquid cooling? The one that I am putting together uses liquid cooling.
                Liquid cooling is cool to see on desktops

Comment

Originally posted by jasondreamweaver View Post

Liquid cooling is cool to see on desktops
                  Yep. My main rig has liquid cooling. I have a 360 degree rad in it.

Comment

Originally posted by jboldeniv View Post

Yep. My main rig has liquid cooling. I have a 360 degree rad in it.
                    Are you gamer?

Comment

Originally posted by jasondreamweaver View Post

Are you gamer?
                      Yeah. I like games. However, most of my time has been devoted to taking these classes.

Comment

I have been building since 1994. A ton has changed since then but my passion is still the same. I probably take more time to build than anyone I know but my work is a reflection of my attention to detail. It's also a reflection of who I am and as a Marine, we don't do it unless we are going to do it right.

Marines: Making the other guy die for his country for over 200-years.

Comment

Originally posted by Junkman2008 View Post
                          I have been building since 1994. A ton has changed since then but my passion is still the same. I probably take more time to build than anyone I know but my work is a reflection of my attention to detail. It's also a reflection of who I am and as a Marine, we don't do it unless we are going to do it right.

It looks like you are ready to build you a monster PC with those parts.

Comment

Yea, and that was TWO years ago! I built that machine for a guy who I use to do a TV computer show with on computers, mainly for novices. We did that show when tech was really big on TV. As a matter of fact, Leo LaPorte an Megan Morrone from the show "The Screen Savers" (on TechTV), was on our show during its heyday..

Click image for larger version

Name:	maxresdefault.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	199.0 KB
ID:	5682
                            Marines: Making the other guy die for his country for over 200-years.

Comment

Working...
                            X