Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Global Horizontal Ad1

Collapse

Google Tag Manager

Collapse

Google Website Review Code

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Black Americans vote Republican as a "protest vote" to send the Democrats a message?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should Black Americans vote Republican as a "protest vote" to send the Democrats a message?

Should Black Americans who are descendants of American chattal slavery cast a "protest vote" in favor of the republicans in order to teach the democrats a lesson? Or should we simply sit this election out?
    Protest vote
    33.33%
    Sit the election out
    66.67%
    Man, I don't care
    0%

I can't vote in your poll, there is not a option that fits me, because I care, but I don't want to replace one evil with another just to show a lesson, but in this garbage game it seems you help the process happen, by either action {not voting (Sit the election out /Man, I don't care are the same thing to me) or voting} For what is happening it makes you heavily lean republic but one of the main issue to me that they clearly both are a pieceof**** on is foreign policy , here and abroad, both side have entities selling the country out in different ways. Selling the country out hurts the stability of all. The crazy thing to me is why are there people in the world that want to live life as a slave/ ie China party trying to take over the world and people are helping them?

Comment

• Deejay5102
      Deejay5102 commented
      Editing a comment
      I respect where you are coming from....

I vote Republican bc my state doesn't have open primaries. So I vote for the Republicans that best matches my interest just in case that party wins the general. I picked the lesser of two evils.

But in the general election if neither candidate don't have a platform I believe in, I don't vote for either.

Voting is more than electing politicians. There's initiatives on the ballot like marijuana legalization or prison reform. These policies affect people who look like me. So it's important I represent.

Comment

• Deejay5102
      Deejay5102 commented
      Editing a comment
      A lot of ppl forget about those initiatives you speak of... That's one of the main reasons why I do show up to vote.....

Originally posted by jasondreamweaver View Post
    I vote Republican bc my state doesn't have open primaries. So I vote for the Republicans that best matches my interest just in case that party wins the general. I picked the lesser of two evils.

But in the general election if neither candidate don't have a platform I believe in, I don't vote for either.

Voting is more than electing politicians. There's initiatives on the ballot like marijuana legalization or prison reform. These policies affect people who look like me. So it's important I represent.
    That's a positive way to look at it. But I haven't heard anything about real marij legalization and a prison reform we should try that I don't think I have heard any say or read anywhere is. Some how have the races over seeing each other. Like a all white prison or a all black, etc. , I honestly don't believe in the concept of prison reform in the US because this country and those in the prison game is money over everything. How are going to stop that?, actually it would probably have to be the same thing that would be done to reform the police since prison is a extension of that.

Comment

• Deejay5102
      Deejay5102 commented
      Editing a comment
      America needs prison because America has NEVER known a day in this country w/o slavery....

I think I'm one of those people that don't know all the initiatives / laws that are trying to be passed and not trying to be passed. I feel I don't have that luxury to sit back and ponder, research get the real facts, to know the person is not being puppeteered for something else to go on. A lot of asian people have already slid up in Houston/Texas and over different districts. I don't understand why no one with resources have tried to organize a database where it at least trys to keep up with what black candidates are running and what they are trying to do, in your state level for black people or something. It would need to be black owned and ran unfortunately to be truly useful and to track down if misinformation gets in, but that would be the whole point of it being black owned so that shouldn't happen. If there are others like me that do care but probably will not do enough research to pick the correct candidate and initiatives. Then that will be lost percentage that would be needed. If it already exists definitely let me know.

Like for example how do I vote on the local level to affect that BS with affirmative action? I have been researching that a lil off and on but I don't think we can.

Comment

I agree with Claud Anderson when he said that if Affirmative Action includes "People of Color" rhetoric instead of Native Blacks or Freeman or Black Americans who are descendants of chattal slavery in this country then Affirmative Action should be thrown in the trash ... Affirmative Action benefits Black Americans the least so I am all for the supreme court scrapping it or at least correcting it to only include the intended ppl who Affirmative Action was constructed for in the first place, Black AmericanDOS.

Comment

• jasondreamweaver
        jasondreamweaver commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree with correcting but eliminating will do our community more harm than good.

See AA gets us in the door but our ability will get us a seat at the table.

When I hear people act as if AA is allowing underqualified Black workers, I just shske my head. Because it actually pins the most qualified applicants against each other. And that's usually how we get hired.

If we lose this protection, it gives companies a reason to blatantly racist.

• jasondreamweaver
        jasondreamweaver commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree with correcting but eliminating will do our community more harm than good.

See AA gets us in the door but our ability will get us a seat at the table.

When I hear people act as if AA is allowing underqualified Black workers, I just shske my head. Because it actually pins the most qualified applicants against each other. And that's usually how we get hired.

If we lose this protection, it gives companies a reason to blatantly racist.

Originally posted by Deejay5102 View Post
      I agree with Claud Anderson when he said that if Affirmative Action includes "People of Color" rhetoric instead of Native Blacks or Freeman or Black Americans who are descendants of chattal slavery in this country then Affirmative Action should be thrown in the trash ... Affirmative Action benefits Black Americans the least so I am all for the supreme court scrapping it or at least correcting it to only include the intended ppl who Affirmative Action was constructed for in the first place, Black AmericanDOS.
      I agree with you bruh. Affirmative Action was originally designed for black Americans. However, we have benefitted the least from it. Especially, Black American men.

Comment

Originally posted by Somebodysunclephil View Post

That's a positive way to look at it. But I haven't heard anything about real marij legalization and a prison reform we should try that I don't think I have heard any say or read anywhere is. Some how have the races over seeing each other. Like a all white prison or a all black, etc. , I honestly don't believe in the concept of prison reform in the US because this country and those in the prison game is money over everything. How are going to stop that?, actually it would probably have to be the same thing that would be done to reform the police since prison is a extension of that.
        The initiatives I listed were on the ballot in Florida. And they got passed. I might not have gotten the Black governor I voted for but at least there's a pathway for released offenders to be able to vote.

But this time around I didn't even vote for a governor but I did vote for a Senator who happens to be a BW. And even though it's a long shot, I can say I did my part.

Comment

jasondreamweaver AA no longer helps us based on the studies. It's helps everyone else because of the word "minority". Therefore, is they ain't gonna change "minority" with "Black Americans (DOS)/Freedmen" then I think AA needs to be thrown away... Everyone else is benefitting including the same group of ppl fighting against it (Asians and white ppl {women})

Comment

jasondreamweaver AA no longer helps us based on the studies. It's helps everyone else because of the word "minority". Therefore, is they ain't gonna change "minority" with "Black Americans (DOS)/Freedmen" then I think AA needs to be thrown away... Everyone else is benefitting including the same group of ppl fighting against it (Asians and white ppl {women})
            That's why we have to distinguish ourselves by lineage not just melanin..Our claims to this country is by lineage not races. I'm a Black American, I've never been to Africa and neither has my parents

Comment

Agreed. I liked using the term ADOS but if we wanna be more specific and more on point we should go back to what the U.S. govt. Referred to us legally: Freedman

Comment

Agreed. I liked using the term ADOS but if we wanna be more specific and more on point we should go back to what the U.S. govt. Referred to us legally: Freedman
                The government can call me anything but broke as they run me my money

Comment

Working...
                X