Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Global Horizontal Ad1

Collapse

Google Tag Manager

Collapse

Google Website Review Code

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Black Men in the Church

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Men in the Church

I’ve been a Christian for years now and have gone to Church religiously. I have noticed, however, that church simply isn’t a welcoming environment for your typical Black man. I rarely see fellow Black men in the services and the women seem standoffish and in some cases hostile. Have any other Christian brothers noticed this, or am I trippin?

No your not the only one. I am a Canadian and ive been going to my Baptist church since I was born. I would say close to 5 years ago I stopped going for a number of reasons. Even though my church was some what multiracial I felt it was not supporting the black community, and there missions help as well was not focused on parts of Africa. Second reason is there world view is very outdated and needs to be more with the times with the social aspects of today society. Lastly is the view of Jesus being European and not the dark skinned also turned me off as well. Even though in scriptures it states that Jesus has dark skinned the church continued with the white washing of history. This later woke me up and began my doubt of the church.

Comment

Working...
    X