Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Global Horizontal Ad1

Collapse

Google Tag Manager

Collapse

Google Website Review Code

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stop calling yourself "black"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stop calling yourself "black"

You are not black you are a african man. You come from Africa. The politically correct term is African American. The white man and the portugese began calling us black as a way to mock us and further put us in the bottom tiers of the racial caste they created. They don't call hispanics brown or black, they don't call Indians brown or black. They don't call Arabs brown or black. In most cases they are recognized by their country or region of orgin. But we have gotten so accustomed to calling ourselves "black" that we don't even realize how it doesn't even begin to accurately describe us as people. Your hair is black, tires are black, a room with no light is black. But you are african, and need to realize we are all african and come from Africa.

Doesn't matter how long you've been here, because history shows that we all came from the same continent. The color of our skin continues to be proof of this.

Wake up my brothers and please make an effort to stop calling yourself or others black. And if someone calls you black let them know where you are really from.

400years - You make some good points. Our history prior to slavery is being revealed and you may be surprised there's QUITE a bit more to the story of the so-called African-American than being stolen from Africa and brought to the Americas, slavery, Jim Crow, Jim Crow 2.0 etc. That's quite significant on its own, of course. But, there's a LOT earlier writers documented that is not being brought forth into the mainstream. Have a look at the following documentaries, based on research compiled over the last few years, about the history of the so-called African-American prior to 1619. A group of researchers from Georgia and the Carolinas have found several legitimate historical references about who and where our ancestors were prior to the Transatlantic Slave Trade, how and where they lived, how they identified themselves, their culture, language(s), social status, occupations, beliefs, etc.

These documentaries contain well over a hundred quotes from various authors, researchers, Ivy League institutions, and eyewitnesses about the migrations and history of the Diaspora prior to 1619. The 1st documentary listed is excellent, and extremely comprehensive, with 6 hours of film. The second is also excellent, and has about 6 parts so far, 30 mins to 1 hour each. I invite you to check these out. If you are seeking a better understanding of the history of our people, how we got where we are today, and even why the term "Black" is so pervasive in our vocabulary, you will appreciate these. Please spread the word about these.

"RECLAIMING THE THRONE" Documentary (by D28 Productions) - Just released on 5/23 ($12 to rent the series for 72 hours or you can purchase the series and watch anytime.)
    https://vimeo.com/ondemand/reclaimingthethrone

"Hidden Hebrews" Documentary series by Benayah Israel (This one is free to watch on YouTube)
    Hidden Hebrews
    Last edited by Yakuba; 05-24-2021, 06:28 PM.

Comment

The terminology & identity of" Black", as a relateable color concept symbolic of Power & Elemental Origin, predates euro identity politics.
      On the subcontinent of "Afrika"
      Among indigenous Tribes & Nations & Spiritual Teachings
      See, if you give the european opinion or philosophy authority in your mind, life or Culture, then the plea that you make to your People is applicable to that authority.
      but after you have untangled yourself from the web of eurocentric thought, then the Authoritive opinion & philosophy of Blackness returns to You, your People and our Ancestors.
      Before colonization, Original People did not posess a subcontinental identity called "African"
      Your identity was that of your Tribe, Fathers, Mothers & Ancestors
      So the identity of African is subject to euro-colonizing criticism the same as the identity of Black.
      Neither has more self-determining Authority than the other.
      Do Fulani people call themselves Fulani or African?
      Do Masai view themselves as "Kenyans" first or Masai?
      Some Nigerians are as adamant about being Nigerians as they are about being Igbo or Yoruban. With "African" coming in last place.
      Some reject both Nigerian and African altogether, choosing to only identify with the names of their Ancestors
      And many of our "Afrikans" here in America were thriving on this continent with a verifiable group Identity and Sovereignty before the arrival of Afrikans as slaves.
      Will you force them to abandon that lived heritage for an ambiguous geographical identity also claimed by "other" groups such as the Boer & Afrikaan whites of South Africa?
      And these "indigenous americans" also tend to reject both "Black" & "African"
      So if an organized formation of "legal" Nationality cannot force the People to conform their identity, then we cant possibly expect anything more from an identity that is based more on Geopolitical manipulation & discrimination than any ethnic Uniformity of Culture or Thought or Purpose.
      My Bro, im all for establishing a Unifying Force among the People who call themselves Black or Afrikan or Indian or Aboriginal.
      But that can only be achieved if we cease these campaigns to cram the most Diverse group of People on the Planet into one box and meet eachother where we are around the principles of Land & Sovereignty.
      Not ethnic Identity, Nationality nor Religion
      Ultimately, both identities, Black & Afrikan, are subject to the Will & Power of the People.
      If we choose to have a Black Empire, we can do so.
      If we choose to have an Afrikan Nation, we can do so.
      However, what is more likely, is that our Grandchildren and GreatGrandchildren who form our Unifying Ambitions and Endeavors into a solid state will choose an Identity that is agreeable to the Objective and not the perspectives.
      ✊

Comment

I am not an African, I am African American sure but I find it gross to continue to willingly accept the title 'American' when I judge its treatment of people like me. So, I can't call myself African American. I have no problem with Black because it was always meant to separate the white's from the slaves. Therefore I want to help the Black people, the people who were harmed. But I understand your dislike of the term black since it is a color. The most correct term would be much closer to ADOS or similar, since the term 'Black' has been applied to people who are not the descendants of American slaves.

Comment

• Baba Ras
          Baba Ras commented
          Editing a comment
          I think our Goals should be focused around our common denominators such as Land and Sovereignty rather than ethnic or nationalist distinctions.

I been feeling this a long time so I’m glad we all thinking a like now

Comment

Good points from all in the thread

Comment

Originally posted by Baba Ras View Post
            The terminology & identity of" Black", as a relateable color concept symbolic of Power & Elemental Origin, predates euro identity politics.
            On the subcontinent of "Afrika"
            Among indigenous Tribes & Nations & Spiritual Teachings
            See, if you give the european opinion or philosophy authority in your mind, life or Culture, then the plea that you make to your People is applicable to that authority.
            but after you have untangled yourself from the web of eurocentric thought, then the Authoritive opinion & philosophy of Blackness returns to You, your People and our Ancestors.
            Before colonization, Original People did not posess a subcontinental identity called "African"
            Your identity was that of your Tribe, Fathers, Mothers & Ancestors
            So the identity of African is subject to euro-colonizing criticism the same as the identity of Black.
            Neither has more self-determining Authority than the other.
            Do Fulani people call themselves Fulani or African?
            Do Masai view themselves as "Kenyans" first or Masai?
            Some Nigerians are as adamant about being Nigerians as they are about being Igbo or Yoruban. With "African" coming in last place.
            Some reject both Nigerian and African altogether, choosing to only identify with the names of their Ancestors
            And many of our "Afrikans" here in America were thriving on this continent with a verifiable group Identity and Sovereignty before the arrival of Afrikans as slaves.
            Will you force them to abandon that lived heritage for an ambiguous geographical identity also claimed by "other" groups such as the Boer & Afrikaan whites of South Africa?
            And these "indigenous americans" also tend to reject both "Black" & "African"
            So if an organized formation of "legal" Nationality cannot force the People to conform their identity, then we cant possibly expect anything more from an identity that is based more on Geopolitical manipulation & discrimination than any ethnic Uniformity of Culture or Thought or Purpose.
            My Bro, im all for establishing a Unifying Force among the People who call themselves Black or Afrikan or Indian or Aboriginal.
            But that can only be achieved if we cease these campaigns to cram the most Diverse group of People on the Planet into one box and meet eachother where we are around the principles of Land & Sovereignty.
            Not ethnic Identity, Nationality nor Religion
            Ultimately, both identities, Black & Afrikan, are subject to the Will & Power of the People.
            If we choose to have a Black Empire, we can do so.
            If we choose to have an Afrikan Nation, we can do so.
            However, what is more likely, is that our Grandchildren and GreatGrandchildren who form our Unifying Ambitions and Endeavors into a solid state will choose an Identity that is agreeable to the Objective and not the perspectives.
            ✊
            I understand where you are coming from my brother but understand that we were supposed to be united as an African continent all together and work with each other to ensure the people our ancestors worshipped and the traditions they practiced would forever remain in time as proof of our greatness. But because the continent was so split up tribes started warring with each other for territory, and people from other tribes were captured as prisoners of war and sold as slaves to Arabs, Asians and Europeans. Early days of Egypt you had asiatics coming to take our women make kids with them and teach their kids to hate where they came from and accept an unnatural religion. We could not together stop the Romans and Arabs from coming to our motherland and trying to dominate our people.
            There is alot more that goes into this but my point is that we shouldn't only pay attention to the tribes we originate from but need to zoom out and do what our ancestors couldn't do and be united as people from the motherland of Africa. Or ALKEBULAN.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenJagWar View Post
              I am not an African, I am African American sure but I find it gross to continue to willingly accept the title 'American' when I judge its treatment of people like me. So, I can't call myself African American. I have no problem with Black because it was always meant to separate the white's from the slaves. Therefore I want to help the Black people, the people who were harmed. But I understand your dislike of the term black since it is a color. The most correct term would be much closer to ADOS or similar, since the term 'Black' has been applied to people who are not the descendants of American slaves.
              The point is that "black" is a name we were given but doesn't properly represent who we are. When we call ourselves Black it only stands to further dehumanize and belittle us.

Comment

• Baba Ras
                Baba Ras commented
                Editing a comment
                The narrative is Our choice
                Its always has been.
                Think about it Bro....
                We were the FIRST People to give definition to words.
                Do you really think Our Ancestors dehumanized a color & tone relateable to our likeness?
                The Cu****es were the most undefeateable fighting Nation in African history and they painted themselves in Blackness with Pride.
                Mind you, this was over a millenia before anyone "gave us" a label.
                Many of Our People in the pre-colonial World took Pride in their Blackness, it was a concept of Power in that Time. And we have to reclaim that Authority over what it means to be EVERYTHING related to Us
                We have to stop submitting to the opinions of the enemy
                Sure, it would be more empowering for us to Self-Actualize & Unify around a more verifiable ethnic identity. But for those of us displaced ny an Ocean & centuries of identity theft, how is that possible?
                What will be our Nationality?

They did that then but I think it was a matter of culture and not identity. I think the time has long been overdue that we stop using it as a means of identity who we are and make them remember who we are from. As africans who happen to be here in America I think we need to build and establish a nationalism separate from what this country tries to represent but unique enough to show that while we are descendants of the motherland our experiences make us fundamentally unique as africans.

Our Nationality is African but I feel we need a new identity besides "black"

Comment

The term "Black" as it relates to the Diaspora of the Transatlantic Slave Trade originates with the Spanish/Latin term "Negro." Many of our ancestors lived in Spain and Portugal up until 1492, and sometime after. They were originally brought to those lands as exiles during 2 major Diasporas. The first was the destruction of the 1st Temple in Jerusalem (built during King Solomon's reign), by the Babylonians under the reign of Nebuchadnezzar, around 587/586 B.C.E. One portion of the exiled Yahudim ("Jews") who were descendants of the royal house of David, were sent to Spain/Iberia, by request of an Iberian ally to Nebuchadnezzar, who aided him during the siege of Jerusalem. This population lived primarily in Seville and later Granada and Cordoba, and grew in size, popularity, influence and wealth. The 2nd Diaspora, which brought more Yahudim ("Jews") to Spain, Portugal, etc, was after the destruction of the 2nd Temple in Jerusalem by the Roman General Titus in 70 C.E., during the wars of the Jews and Rome.(from 66 C.E. - 135 C.E.)

These Yahudim ("Jews") had thriving communities in the Iberian Peninsula, before and particularly during the period of Moorish rule (711 C.E. - 1492 C. E.), and made many contributions to that period of cultural Renaissance usually attributed to the Islamic Moors. One such family of influence were the Yahya-Negros whose patriarch
                Don Yahya "el Negro" ibn-Yaish or Don Yahya-Negro was given control of a former Moorish territory in Lisbon by the Portuguese King Alfonso I, to whom he was an advisor. The territory was called "Aldeia dos Negros." And Don Yahya was given lordship over the territory and surnamed himself "Negro." (Hence, the name Don Yahyah-Negro or Don Yahya "The Black" who was Rabbi of the "Village of the Blacks". The Yahyah-Negro family were very powerful, influential and well known in Spain, Portugal, Italy, Egypt, Israel, Yemen, etc., during the Middle Ages. (https://www.geni.com/people/Don-Yahy...00002639067642)

Another term attached to the Yahudim of Spain and Portugal, due to their location, was "Sephardim" or the "Sephardic Jews" / "Hispanic Jews". They spoke a language, which was called "Ladino" (Judeo-Spanish). And they developed a style of writing called "Cursive Hebrew", which looks somewhat like Arabic, that is inscribed on the pews of the historic First African Baptist Church in Savannah GA, built by skilled free and enslaved members in 1859.
                Last edited by Yakuba; 05-25-2021, 10:04 AM.

Comment

After the Roman Catholic powers finally wrestled back control of the Iberian Peninsula from the Moors in 1492, they instituted their Spanish and Portuguese Inquisitions, to expel the Moors and the Yahudim. The Moors who stayed were required to convert to Catholicism and they were later expelled. The Jews who stayed, on the other hand, were required to convert and many were sent into slavery. It was entirely unlawful to practice their beliefs, which were adherence to the Torah and Talmud, or speak to any one about them, convert others to the faith, etc. This was called "Judaizing, " and it was a highly punishable offense. Also to even call oneself a "Yahudi" ("Jew") or to call someone else a "Yahudi" ("Jew") was punishable by death. Hence, the term "NEGROS" ("Blacks") became the primary identifier of these Yahudim to refer to themselves and one another. Another term was "New Christians," for those agreeing--usually with the threat of death or exile to distant lands--to convert to Catholicism. Many were tortured and martyred for refusing, and/or had their property and children seized and sent to be "Christanized" and work the plantations on the Portuguese colonies on the West Coast of Africa, or Brazil. Also, many Yahudim who could escape (including the Yahya-Negro family) fled to North and West Africa, Italy, Turkey, etc. In fact there were so many Negroes settled in West Africa, having fled or exiled there, European explorers later named the place "Negroland," and the nearby port city, the "Kingdom of Juda" ("aka" the Slave Coast). (https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...ts%2C_1736.jpg). The Slave Coast was later a primary port used by Europeans to pick up Negro slaves destined for the plantations of the Americas, Caribbean or Europe.
                  Last edited by Yakuba; 05-25-2021, 10:08 AM.

Comment

If you look up the names of the slaves in the Transatlantic Slave Trade Database, you will find that many carry 'YAH' or a derivative such as 'AH' or 'YA', in their name, similar to that of Yahya-Negro, mentioned above. And many have names we would term as "Jewish" today, not realizing these were the indigenous names of our ancestors. Many of these names would be found in your King James Bible. And they had these names long before there was a King James Bible or any Bible. The reason that is significant is many of their names reflected the Deity (God/Power) they worshiped, YAHUAH (or YAHAWAH), the Elohim (God/Power) of the Hebrew Israelites. You see this in many cultures today, whose ancient heritage has survived, many of their names reflect the gods of their culture. Our culture was no different in that respect, prior to enslavement.

We've been told our ancestors were primarily followers of Islam, and some did convert. Yet, they were ethnically Israelite and many carried indigenous Israelite names, and kept indigenous Israelite customs. Also we are told our people first arrived to the Americas from Africa in 1619. That may be true for North America. Yet, the Transatlantic Slave Trade started in the 15th century with Spain and Portugal. The first Negroes brought to the Americas were exiled to Brazil in the late 1500s (16th century). And they were brought directly from the Iberian peninsula. At the start of the Trans Atlantic Slave Trade there was law in place to only allow Slaves from Spain and Portugal to be used in the trade. It was later extended to the Portuguese colonies on the West coast of Africa, Angola, Congo, etc. Many in Brazil later fled Brazil to escape religious persecution, and arrived in Savannah GA., settling there before the Revolutionary War. This history is much deeper than we think. Two primary sources are below. There are others. But, these have the best compilation of this information, I have seen to date.

One reason the term "NEGRO" ("Black") was significant to the research in these documentaries is it allowed the researchers to trace back to the locations of a people called Negroes before the Transatlantic Slave Trade, and then trace their migration forward from Spain and Portugal into West Africa and back through the Transatlantic Slave Trade, locating numerous sources that corroborated the findings. So, while many of us may resent these monikers such as "Negro", "Black", etc., they served a useful purpose in this case.

"RECLAIMING THE THRONE" Documentary (by D28 Productions) - Just released on 5/23 ($12 to rent the series for 72 hours or you can purchase the series and watch anytime.)
                    https://vimeo.com/ondemand/reclaimingthethrone

"Hidden Hebrews" Documentary series by Benayah Israel (This one is free to watch on YouTube)
                    Hidden Hebrews
                    Last edited by Yakuba; 05-25-2021, 10:16 AM.

Comment

I'm still breaking down the documentary but I didn't know much about the moors in Portugal. But this open up some new questions and perspectives on the term.

Comment

Originally posted by 400years View Post
                        I'm still breaking down the documentary but I didn't know much about the moors in Portugal. But this open up some new questions and perspectives on the term.
                        Glad to see you are checking it out my Brotha. It takes some time to digest all that the info, to validate it, etc. Please share this if you find it valuable. Our brothas and sistas need to be exposed to this information, so they can examine it and decide how they will walk, in these ominous and onerous times. Another good resource if you want to learn more about the Moors in Spain and Portugal, is an excellent book by Rudolph Windsor called From Bablyon to Timbuktu. If you prefer to listen to it read aloud, while you are on the go, you can find it on YouTube also. This is a key resource for the personal library. Here is another good one, on that topic.

The Jews and Moors in Spain
                        by Krauskopf, Joseph, 1858-1923

https://archive.org/details/jewsmoorsinspain00krauuoft

(if you get a physical copy of this, you may want to compare with this version, as I hear newer "revised" versions on Amazon have removed some key pages. You will understand why when you get to those parts of this book.)

And finally, I highly recommend you grab a King James Bible with the Apocrypha, or dust off the one you have, if you own it. You can even download the apps for free these days, and switch between versions and translations. This Bible is a historical, cultural, and theological reference our people should have. (For one, our ancestors produced the Hebrew Scriptures with the Creator's divine inspiration.) And it is not the so-called "White Man's book," as some people claim. King James I of England and VI of Scotland was a Yahudi/Jacobite/"Negro." European history and iconography post 1492 in Europe was "revised" quite a bit by the Roman Catholic Papal and Protestant authorities. But, a complete whitewash was evidently not accomplished.

Trust me, those who determine policy, have the scriptures, and know them well. They don't walk in the true Spirit or "fruit" of them. But, they understand their power. And our ancestors did too. This is why they were able to build a respectable economic and cultural infrastructure wherever they were exiled to. They took their oral history, cultural principles with them, and practiced them, for the most part. Even in the remotest parts of Africa. It's a culture and code of conduct that was based on the Hebrew scriptures. Their persecution often stemmed from their refusal to give up this heritage and take on the cultural mores, of the nations they were scattered to. And the scriptures show you how far back this goes, why it happened, why it has continued for our people, and gives hope on how and when it will end. As mentioned, the documentaries you are watching have a ton of other great references as well.

If you prefer a version of the scriptures, produced "For US By US", check this one out here. These brothas and sistas have done an EXCELLENT job with this.

HEBREW ISRAELITE SCRIPTURES: 400 YEARS OF SLAVERY - GOLD EDITION HARD COVER
                        This revised and updated Bible translation in Hard Cover form is based on the original 1611 King James Version, which includes the Apocrypha Books, with all names restored to its original Hebrew...

https://hebrewisraelitescriptures.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/Gold-400-8x10-45-e1595821671580.jpg

https://hebrewisraelitescriptures.com/book-store/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        "Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding." - Proverbs 4:7 KJV

"It is the glory of God (Elohim) to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter." - Proverbs 25:2 KJV

Shalom/Shalawam/Salama
                        Last edited by Yakuba; 05-27-2021, 10:46 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X