Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Global Horizontal Ad1

Collapse

Google Tag Manager

Collapse

Google Website Review Code

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"The Little Black Boy " Routine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The Little Black Boy " Routine

I'm well into my 20s, but within the last couple of years I encounter a lot of people who try to come at me like I'm not an adult. Even when I tell some people my age they still proceed to give me the Little Black Boy Routine. Ppl have so much of an issue with American Black Manhood that they try to hold onto your youth as long as possible, or they try to over exaggerate your youth to downplay your manhood.

I remember when I was 25 years old and my father was sick in the hospital and the nurses would ask me my age , and they will talk to me as if I told them I was an 18 year old kid...they would say things like " do you work , do you go to school?...... "Oh wow ur very young to handle this responsibility"...... " Oh wow are you the only one taking care of your dad"? Like dang 25 is old enough to to be married with children.....

I would get this from a lot of the nurses...some of the nurses actually called me "BOY'...calling a grown black man boy is almost like saying the n word.

People are always trying to be critical of my working situation, as if I'm some 18 year old kid. I don't even like going to church or associate with certain older adults because I know for a fact that they r gunna try to talk to me like I'm an endangered black kid...like the first thing that comes out of your mouth towards a full grown adult shouldn't be u being critical of that full grown adults working situation or asking me if I know how to drive, it's very disrespectful and belittling....

Some people try to treat me like I'm some handicapped black child..I remember I would go to church and one of the older guys who attend the church would always try to tell me where to sit, or ppl would act like I need to sit with them as if I need a chaperone. I remember one time at this church, I was with one of the other members of the church and one of the special guests of the church would talk to the guy I'm with regarding me, instead of actually speaking with me...kinda like how when ppl talk to adults who are with their young children whom are too young to speak for themselves so they talk to the adult parent in place of the child. The special guest was tryna run the the Little Black kid routine on me andmy associate was running along with it, and my associate from church end up saying regarding me "ohh yeah kids these days" as if I'm a kid when I was 25 years old.....

Ppl have a very strong issue with my manhood and ppl love belittling me
    .I have more stories of the little black boy routine, but I don't wanna type too much.
    Last edited by TheShip WillSail; 10-29-2020, 05:20 AM.

Originally posted by TheShip WillSail View Post
    I'm well into my 20s, but within the last couple of years I encounter a lot of people who try to come at me like I'm not an adult. Even when I tell some people my age they still proceed to give me the Little Black Boy Routine. Ppl have so much of an issue with American Black Manhood that they try to hold onto your youth as long as possible, or they try to over exaggerate your youth to downplay your manhood.

I remember when I was 25 years old and my father was sick in the hospital and the nurses would ask me my age , and they will talk to me as if I told them I was an 18 year old kid...they would say things like " do you work , do you go to school?...... "Oh wow ur very young to handle this responsibility"...... " Oh wow are you the only one taking care of your dad"? Like dang 25 is old enough to to be married with children.....

I would get this from a lot of the nurses...some of the nurses actually called me "BOY'...calling a grown black man boy is almost like saying the n word.

People are always trying to be critical of my working situation, as if I'm some 18 year old kid. I don't even like going to church or associate with certain older adults because I know for a fact that they r gunna try to talk to me like I'm an endangered black kid...like the first thing that comes out of your mouth towards a full grown adult shouldn't be u being critical of that full grown adults working situation or asking me if I know how to drive, it's very disrespectful and belittling....

Some people try to treat me like I'm some handicapped black child..I remember I would go to church and one of the older guys who attend the church would always try to tell me where to sit, or ppl would act like I need to sit with them as if I need a chaperone. I remember one time at this church, I was with one of the other members of the church and one of the special guests of the church would talk to the guy I'm with regarding me, instead of actually speaking with me...kinda like how when ppl talk to adults who are with their young children whom are too young to speak for themselves so they talk to the adult parent in place of the child. The special guest was tryna run the the Little Black kid routine on me andmy associate was running along with it, and my associate from church end up saying regarding me "ohh yeah kids these days" as if I'm a kid when I was 25 years old.....

Ppl have a very strong issue with my manhood and ppl love belittling me
    .I have more stories of the little black boy routine, but I don't wanna type too much.
    I remember going through the same things when I was younger. Alot of people have a problem with black manhood. They don't think that black men can be real men. When they come across black men that are real men, they tend to try to boy you down. Other men don't go through things like that.

Comment

Serious problem man, I say its hip-hop culture how were portrayed in movies (I dont watch TV anymore at least growing up, we king bach on youtube and those vines). I let them immediately know "dont address me in that manner", and when I'm gaslighted, stand your ground defend your integrity

Comment

They don't want to acknowledge you as a man. It is a delicate way of devaluing you. Devaluing your capability, devaluing your intelligence, devaluing your pride. Even worse when your in your mid twenties and you look like your 18. >_>

Comment

Don't let it get to you, and most importantly call them out and defend yourself. You not saying anything gives them more ammo to treat you like such, it's worse in a church setting because almost everyone talks to each other. Don't be that guy who has a reputation of being a pushover.

Comment

Working...
          X