Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Global Horizontal Ad1

Collapse

Google Tag Manager

Collapse

Google Website Review Code

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Many Africans Dislike Of The American Black Man

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Many Africans Dislike Of The American Black Man

Frm my experiences a lot of Africans Dislike the American Black Man...not all of them but a lot of them..

I now think that this dislike begins before they even step foot in America....ppl just don't come to America and start disliking american black men out of the blue

The american black mans influence is seen worldwide, so immigrants already have an envy and haterism of us before they even come to usa

This is no shade to Africans..I'm half Nigerian myself. But my experiences with Africans especially the women hasn't been too great .

What are your opinions?
    Last edited by TheShip WillSail; 11-15-2020, 06:13 PM.

Originally posted by TheShip WillSail View Post
    From my experiences a lot of Africans Dislike the American Black Man...not all of them but a lot of them..

I now think that this dislike begins before they even step foot in America....ppl just don't come to America and start disliking american black men out of the blue

The american black mans influence is seen worldwide, so immigrants already have an envy and haterism of us before they even come to usa

This is no shade to Africans..I'm half Nigerian myself. But my experiences with Africans especially the women hasn't been too great .

What are your opinions?
    I agree. I remember when I was married, and I was coming home with my wife in my car from the store. It was this Ethiopian dude that lived in my apartment building. When I was single, he never had anything to say. When I came home with my wife, and she was beautiful, this man pulled all the way out of his parking spot to get a good look at her to make sure that she wasn't Ethiopian. It made me angry. Me and that guy almost got into a fight over it. That was just one instance, women didn't like seeing her with me either. Everybody, and I mean everyone, thinks that American black men should be ALONE. Unless, you are dating somebody that's not worth anything. They will hate if you actually have a woman that's good-looking.

African women, from my personal experience, many of them DETEST black American men out here where I stay at. That was my experience when I was younger.

Comment

• TheShip WillSail
      TheShip WillSail commented
      Editing a comment
      Yea African women act funny towards me and many times it's African women from the same tribe as my father, we come frm the same tribe and they still have an issue. I look black american and I don't have an accent so they don't see me as one of them.

I've had conversations with african women and they would turn they backside towards me out of the blue in the middle of the conversation...and some of the african men act "distant" from me...I believe a lot of them envy us.
      Last edited by TheShip WillSail; 11-16-2020, 04:24 AM.

I use to think the issue started when they moved to America ...but now I believe the haterism begins on the continent....before they come they already watch us on movies,tv and listen to our music...they even nickname us akata ... The whole world envies the american black man...some ppl say ppl look down on us..but really actually envy us, the look down on the black american man thing is a front to help they inferior ego.

Comment

And since I'm handsome....African women don't see me as one of their ppl...they can't fathom a black man with my facial features and swagger being a continental african ...they be hating on the low....even the african women who act cool wit me won't even return a text.

Comment

Sick man just sick, tbh when I see Afrcans, say you dont know their native language , they talk **** about you in their native language ****ed up man, was there racism there too, was there societal engineering there too. Because the discrimination against left-handed people was it from Caucasians, discrimination against the last born, was it from caucasians. When I see Africans treating black americans like so I dont want to say it but it points to a "depressing but true " conclusion. All they see is the current behavior hip-hop they, dont they agony, unjust killing, poverty ,drugs, guns. Africa is theirs and they have not had a different race step on them, they are all one and the same the way they grew up, even if they got the treatment, it didnt take much for them to get their own justice. And even if they did, they have their people they have their nation, they have their flag, we however dont

Comment

Yes to everything said above, I've been aware of this divide between Africans and Black Americans but didn't experience it until a few years ago. I had a boss once that was a brotha from Nigeria at a restaurant in NYC for a few months. This guy made it a point to insult me every chance he took, he would comment on his dislike of americans in general and always tried to put me in his little box of stereotypes he clearly had before coming to the country. It was insane because this was a dark-skinned guy just like me with a THICK accent from the motherland trying to put ME down. Why? Just why? Like if you don't like America/Black Americans so much why are you here? The audacity and as someone stated above just no respect for the ancestors brought to this country in chains fighting for justice to this day. Sad.

Comment

Stereotypes are uniquely powerful in the US. We have no ability, as Black men, to set our own image. Black women have been able to do so through feminism's connection to white women, Black men have no such means. Therefore, we are simply a set of predictable characters to most people.

Comment

Working...
            X