Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Global Horizontal Ad1

Collapse

Google Tag Manager

Collapse

Google Website Review Code

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Black-Americans Act Disconnected From Their African Roots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black-Americans Act Disconnected From Their African Roots

I wish more Black-Americans would rep their African heritage more..many of us act as if we have no connection to Africa. As if we see a white face when we look in the mirror.

Ok we haven't been in Africa for 200-400 years, but so what...White Americans, many of whom been in this country as long as us still feel a connection to Europe. So what is our excuse??? This stems from self hatred.

Many black-americans play clueless when it comes to Africa..."I don't know what part of Africa I come from"...well if yo stupid a*s opened up a book u will find out most slaves came from West Africa, specifically Nigeria and Ghana.

There is no excuse to be this ignorant especially of your own heritage in this age of internet and technology.

Many black-americans lack a desire to even learn about their African Roots...and I'm not tryna hear it's cause Africans sold us...that is just a half truth.....many Africans on the continent during slavery fought wars to stop slavery ...many Africans during slavery had their brothers and sisters , mother's and father's taken away from them due to slavery so not all Africans r the enemy.

I'm not fully blaming Black-Americans case part of it is because of our history...During slavery a lot of us weren't allowed to read and gain knowledge, so that trend of ignorance has been passed down culturally.

I'm half Black American and Half Nigerian, so I'm allowed to keep it real with my own ppl!

There is no excuse y u should feel disconnected from your own heritage!

​​​​
    Last edited by TheShip WillSail; 12-03-2022, 09:35 AM.

Originally posted by TheShip WillSail View Post
    I wish more Black-Americans would rep their African heritage more..many of us act as if we have no connection to Africa. As if we see a white face when we look in the mirror.

Ok we haven't been in Africa for 200-400 years, but so what...White Americans, many of whom been in this country as long as us still feel a connection to Europe. So what is our excuse??? This stems from self hatred.

Many black-americans play clueless when it comes to Africa..."I don't know what part of Africa I come from"...well if yo stupid a*s opened up a book u will find out most slaves came from West Africa, specifically Nigeria and Ghana.

There is no excuse to be this ignorant especially of your own heritage in this age of internet and technology.

Many black-americans lack a desire to even learn about their African Roots...and I'm not tryna hear it's cause Africans sold us...that is just a half truth.....many Africans on the continent during slavery fought wars to stop slavery ...many Africans during slavery had their brothers and sisters , mother's and father's taken away from them due to slavery so not all Africans r the enemy.

I'm not fully blaming Black-Americans case part of it is because of our history...During slavery a lot of us weren't allowed to read and gain knowledge, so that trend of ignorance has been passed down culturally.

I'm half Black American and Half Nigerian, so I'm allowed to keep it real with my own ppl!

There is no excuse y u should feel disconnected from your own heritage!

​​​​
    I agree but I don't discount most Black Americans account on their interactions with African immigrants.

It doesn't help we have no ties to Africa outside of a few physical traits and food.

Europeans definitely recognize their distinction from white Americans. Africans do the same

Comment

Working...
    X