Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Global Horizontal Ad1

Collapse

Google Tag Manager

Collapse

Google Website Review Code

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Football legend Pele 'is moved to end-of-life care' in hospital, as doctors stop chemotherapy with his body not responding to it in fight against bowel cancer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Football legend Pele 'is moved to end-of-life care' in hospital, as doctors stop chemotherapy with his body not responding to it in fight against bowel cancer.

If it's one thing that I know, cancer is no joke. I guess they are having Pele in hospice care. From what I heard, he was one of the greatest soccer players that ever lived.
    Brazilian football legend Pele 'has been moved to palliative care' in hospital and is no longer responding to chemotherapy in his fight against bowel cancer.

Originally posted by jboldeniv View Post
    If it's one thing that I know, cancer is no joke. I guess they are having Pele in hospice care. From what I heard, he was one of the greatest soccer players that ever lived.
    He was the best. There was a poster of him in our library when I was in elementary school. I didn't even know he was Brazilian

Comment

Originally posted by jasondreamweaver View Post

He was the best. There was a poster of him in our library when I was in elementary school. I didn't even know he was Brazilian
      Yeah. I remember teachers were talking about Pele the Great when I was a child.

Comment

Yeah. I remember teachers were talking about Pele the Great when I was a child.
        I was trying to explain to white Brazilians how this man was part of Black history. They couldn't grasp the fact we saw him as soccer hero

Comment

I was trying to explain to white Brazilians how this man was part of Black history. They couldn't grasp the fact we saw him as soccer hero
          Yep. I sure did see him as a soccer hero. I played soccer when I was a kid.

Comment

Yep. I sure did see him as a soccer hero. I played soccer when I was a kid.
            That makes sense. Soccer non culture cane from California. Were you living out there at the time

Comment

That makes sense. Soccer non culture cane from California. Were you living out there at the time
              Nope. I played soccer for my elementary school back in Virginia. I didn't move out to California until I was 19.

Comment

Nope. I played soccer for my elementary school back in Virginia. I didn't move out to California until I was 19.
                That's quite a difference in l environment. I left VA for FL to go to college. At least it was still the South

Comment

That's quite a difference in l environment. I left VA for FL to go to college. At least it was still the South
                  Yep. I agree. I moved from the South to the West, and it was a severe culture shock; in a bad way.

Comment

Working...
                  X