Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Global Horizontal Ad1

Collapse

Google Tag Manager

Collapse

Google Website Review Code

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What kind of computer do you have?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheHarmattan View Post

Sounds like a plan. I haven't thought about upgrading this year. Maybe next year. AMD all the way.

Don't get me wrong I like Intel too!
    Thanks. I have an Intel laptop, but I am AMD all the way. I have used AMD processors for years; ever since the AMD Athlon came out.

Comment

Originally posted by jboldeniv View Post

Thanks. I have an Intel laptop, but I am AMD all the way. I have used AMD processors for years; ever since the AMD Athlon came out.
      ARM is going to kill everyone on the laptop soon

Comment

ARM is going to kill everyone on the laptop soon
        I have been reading up on the ARM-based architecture. Can you explain to me why ARM is going to kill everyone on the laptop?

Comment

I have been reading up on the ARM-based architecture. Can you explain to me why ARM is going to kill everyone on the laptop?
          The architecture of the ARM processors are so much more efficient than the legacy instruction set found in x86.

For about 10 years now, the x86 has been showing its age and she'll cover up the gray with dark hair dye but it's getting to a point where she needs to accept her legacy and move on.

Linus rails against antiquated mnemonics in the instruction set and actually hopes they 'die'.

When Apple added some spice to the ARM chips with the M1, the true potential of ARM was enough to make everyone stop for a second.

Intel should stop supporting ‘special-case’ AVX-512 instructions and focus on general-purpose FPU and GPU instead, Linux founder says.

Comment

The architecture of the ARM processors are so much more efficient than the legacy instruction set found in x86.

For about 10 years now, the x86 has been showing its age and she'll cover up the gray with dark hair dye but it's getting to a point where she needs to accept her legacy and move on.

Linus rails against antiquated mnemonics in the instruction set and actually hopes they 'die'.

When Apple added some spice to the ARM chips with the M1, the true potential of ARM was enough to make everyone stop for a second.
            Man...You are really teaching me things that I didn't know about. I didn't even hear of ARM technology until you joined this forum and discussed it. Thanks a lot.

Comment

Man...You are really teaching me things that I didn't know about. I didn't even hear of ARM technology until you joined this forum and discussed it. Thanks a lot.
              I take no credit. I'm here to learn too

Comment

If everything goes right, I am going to get a 32-core Ryzen Threadripper, with 128 gb of DDR ram. It's going to be loaded down. I am also going to build my 16-core computer as well. I look to get everything done soon.
                I finally got the computer. That thing is a beast. I won't have to upgrade for years to come.

Comment

Seeing some nice computers! I'm going to have to get a spec'd out PC one of these days. Currently, rocking my macbook pro

Comment

I use a i5 7700k with 64 gigs of G-Skill Ram
                    Intel Optane 900p Data drive, S
                    amsung 970 evo system
                    Cooler Master AIO pump RGB
                    Asus GTX 1080
                    Corsair 570x Case
                    Corsair 750watt PSU

I use it for Live streaming and production (Unreal virtual Production) and Black Magic Design Atem Mini EXtreme ISO
                    as well as 3D mockups for products and Photography
                    I also review products on my youtube channel www.youtube.com/deanhome1
                    Last edited by Deanhome; 05-13-2021, 05:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Deanhome View Post
                      I use a i5 7700k with 64 gigs of G-Skill Ram
                      Intel Optane 900p Data drive, S
                      amsung 970 evo system
                      Cooler Master AIO pump RGB
                      Asus GTX 1080
                      Corsair 570x Case
                      Corsair 750watt PSU

I use it for Live streaming and production (Unreal virtual Production) and Black Magic Design Atem Mini EXtreme ISO
                      as well as 3D mockups for products and Photography
                      I also review products on my youtube channel www.youtube.com/deanhome1
                      That sounds like a nice computer you got there.

Comment

Thanks for the additional info, noted!

Comment

A Toshiba Laptop with little upgrade. I am locking to upgrade for a gaming laptop with good graphic card read. Any suggestions ?

Comment

Working...
                          X