Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Global Horizontal Ad1

Collapse

Google Tag Manager

Collapse

Google Website Review Code

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What kind of computer do you have?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What kind of computer do you have?

What kind of computer do you guys have? I have a few of them. I have two 8-cores, and a 16-core that I still haven't put together yet. I am getting around to it though. Do you guys have AMD or Intel? I have an intel laptop that is fast. It's a 6-core. What do you guys have?

I got an i7 7700 which is an 8 core and a rtx 2070

Comment

Originally posted by ABomb View Post
      I got an i7 7700 which is an 8 core and a rtx 2070
      That's cool.

Comment

I have a smartphone.

Comment

Originally posted by TheShip WillSail View Post
          I have a smartphone.
          That's cool.

Comment

If everything goes right, I am going to get a 32-core Ryzen Threadripper, with 128 gb of DDR ram. It's going to be loaded down. I am also going to build my 16-core computer as well. I look to get everything done soon.

Comment

I have a 3900xt with a 6800xt b450 max mobo and 32gb of ddr4 3200mhz ram. 750w PSU. I recently got a 5800x and Msi mag tomahawk b550 board. 32 gb of crucial ballistix 3600mhz of ram and 850w thermaltake and a new case. Meshify 2 xl
              my other case is meshify c.
              Nzxt x73 cooler and a darkrock pro 4 cooler

I wanted to get te 5900x or 5950x but scalpers are selling them too high.
              I'm gonna need another gpu as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Cjraid View Post
                I have a 3900xt with a 6800xt b450 max mobo and 32gb of ddr4 3200mhz ram. 750w PSU. I recently got a 5800x and Msi mag tomahawk b550 board. 32 gb of crucial ballistix 3600mhz of ram and 850w thermaltake and a new case. Meshify 2 xl
                my other case is meshify c.
                Nzxt x73 cooler and a darkrock pro 4 cooler

I wanted to get te 5900x or 5950x but scalpers are selling them too high.
                I'm gonna need another gpu as well.
                Those specs sound awesome. It looks like you have powerful computers.

Comment

I have an old Bulldozer architecture, 8 core. It's holding up well.

Comment

Originally posted by TheHarmattan View Post
                    I have an old Bulldozer architecture, 8 core. It's holding up well.
                    That's what I am currently using.

Comment

Originally posted by jboldeniv View Post

That's what I am currently using.
                      I felt it was a good buy at first but, unfortunately AMD got sued because they were redefining what a "core" actually was

Comment

I felt it was a good buy at first but, unfortunately AMD got sued because they were redefining what a "core" actually was
                        The 8-core that I am currently using is the AMD FX 8350 8-core. I've had this computer for a while. I have two of them.

Comment

The 8-core that I am currently using is the AMD FX 8350 8-core. I've had this computer for a while. I have two of them.
                          That's the same model I have. AMD removed the floating point unit.

AMD has agreed to a $12.1 million settlement in a class action lawsuit for some customers who bought its FX-8000 / 9000 CPUs built on its 2011 Bulldozer architecture, ending a years-long dispute that claimed AMD falsely advertised the chips as eight-core processors when they in fact only possessed half that number.

Comment

That's the same model I have. AMD removed the floating point unit.
                            Yeah. I remember that case. I actually got paid off of it. They sent me a postcard in the mail about the case filed against AMD, and asked me if I actually bought the 8-core processor. I filled it out, and sent it back and got paid. You are correct. They said that they had 8-cores, when it was really 4-cores and 8 logical processors. That's exactly what it shows in Windows 10. I have had this processor for a while. It's time for an upgrade. I have a 16-core that I haven't put together yet, and I plan on getting a computer with a 32-core processor in the future. After that, I won't be upgrading for a while.

Comment

Yeah. I remember that case. I actually got paid off of it. They sent me a postcard in the mail about the case filed against AMD, and asked me if I actually bought the 8-core processor. I filled it out, and sent it back and got paid. You are correct. They said that they had 8-cores, when it was really 4-cores and 8 logical processors. That's exactly what it shows in Windows 10. I have had this processor for a while. It's time for an upgrade. I have a 16-core that I haven't put together yet, and I plan on getting a computer with a 32-core processor in the future. After that, I won't be upgrading for a while.
                              Sounds like a plan. I haven't thought about upgrading this year. Maybe next year. AMD all the way.

Don't get me wrong I like Intel too!

Comment

Working...
                              X