Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Global Horizontal Ad1

Collapse

Google Tag Manager

Collapse

Google Website Review Code

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Computer Science students faces job shrinkage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer Science students faces job shrinkage

What do y'all guys think?
    https://www.nytimes.com/2022/12/06/t...s-layoffs.html

Originally posted by Deejay5102 View Post
    Thanks for the article bruh. Dealing with computers is my main passion. I graduated with a degree in Computer Science a while ago. Right now, I'm back in school trying to get certificates in C++ and Java to add to my resume. I hope that it pays off.

Comment

I honestly thought this would be an issue sooner somewhat over here. But at the same time, the media /national news mostly keep talking about there are not enough young people getting into to STEM / Computer Science stuff. I mean everyone who is educated in Computer Science should make good robot controllers, I would think.

Comment

I think that this shows that those work visa for tech companies should start decreasing as well. Tech companies are also not so much interested in degrees but experience.

Comment

• Deejay5102
          Deejay5102 commented
          Editing a comment
          I lot of visa holders don't have experience until they get hired here in the states... That is why companies love them because they could pay them peanuts.... That is why those companies are always lobbying for Congress to increase the visa cap....
          I think these companies are playing games....one minute you need a degree now you don't....

I work for a Fortune 500 tech company I have bounced around in different areas in the company to stay relevant. We can't afford to do the same job for our careers like our parents.

Comment

• Deejay5102
          Deejay5102 commented
          Editing a comment
          Agreed.

Originally posted by jasondreamweaver
        I think that this shows that those work visa for tech companies should start decreasing as well. Tech companies are also not so much interested in degrees but experience.
        Yep. You are right. They are looking for experience.

Comment

• Deejay5102
          Deejay5102 commented
          Editing a comment
          Are they truly looking for experience ppl? There are so many experienced Black IT professionals and yet they are not proportionally represented in the workforce.

Deejay5102 it's one of the few fields white guys can coast on mediocre and still get praised.
        .there's a reason they want us to focus on rap and sports.

Comment

• Deejay5102
          Deejay5102 commented
          Editing a comment
          Sounds about right

Happy holidays everyone ....

Comment

Thanks bruh.

Comment

Working...
          X