Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Global Horizontal Ad1

Collapse

Google Tag Manager

Collapse

Google Website Review Code

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you prefer pre-builds or custom builds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you prefer pre-builds or custom builds?

While it's true that you can build the PC of your dreams, the specs ultimately come down to your wallet and know-how. If you're a brotha will bills, then you know that won't always make for the best specs. Even if it isn't always the most desired route, sometimes pre-builds are the best way to go. Having a custom PC doesn't always mean that we have to break the bank, but if you can get good specs in a pre-build without the need to do a build... why take an unnecessary way around? One reason why pre-builds are a bit better is based on the fact that you get your warranty, and support, but what's your take on it?

Originally posted by SdgtBlu View Post
    While it's true that you can build the PC of your dreams, the specs ultimately come down to your wallet and know-how. If you're a brotha will bills, then you know that won't always make for the best specs. Even if it isn't always the most desired route, sometimes pre-builds are the best way to go. Having a custom PC doesn't always mean that we have to break the bank, but if you can get good specs in a pre-build without the need to do a build... why take an unnecessary way around? One reason why pre-builds are a bit better is based on the fact that you get your warranty, and support, but what's your take on it?
    I like them both. The computer that I just purchased is a pre-build. It's already put together. However, I made sure that all of the parts that are in the PC are good. The motherboard, however, may be a little questionable. You are right, I purchased a 4 year warranty for the pre-build. The other computer that I have, that I haven't put together yet, is a custom build. I used to prefer only custom-builds, as I built all of my own pcs with the best chosen parts. However, I am still confused with the custom-build that I have. It's a 16-core Ryzen Threadripper 1950x. I purchased all of the parts separately. I have had it since the end of 2018. I still have to put it together. I guess the pros to having a custom build, is that you are the one that picks out the parts, and you are the one that makes sure all of the parts are what you want. With a pre-build, some of the parts in the computer may not be high-end. However, it saves you the headache of having to put it together. If something goes wrong, you are not to blame. Like I said, I like them both. I used to prefer custom-builds back in the past, before the Ryzen cpu got here. Now, however, pre-builds are just fine for me; as the parts are very expensive these days, and I don't want to make a mistake and mess up my PC trying to build a computer.

Comment

• SdgtBlu
      SdgtBlu commented
      Editing a comment
      Facts. All the components in a pre-build comply as far as compatibility goes and some give room for upgrades, no need to be concerned about the cooling system either unless it shuts down. If the pricing makes sense, going through a company for the custom builds gives you the benefits of pre-build but they apply their experience to keep it bound by safety standards + warranty.

If you don't see yourself making your custom build in the next 1.5 years or so, it might be in your best interest to sell for as much as possible.
Working...
X