Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Global Horizontal Ad1

Collapse

Google Tag Manager

Collapse

Google Website Review Code

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why African-Americans are flocking to Ghana.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why African-Americans are flocking to Ghana.

I think that what Ghana has offered is very nice. Granting free citizenship to diaspora blacks is great.
    African-Americans and those from the Caribbean are returning to countries like Ghana more than 400 years after their ancestors left Africa as slaves. Saafir-Ankomah said she was inspired by a couple from Tennessee who had visited Ghana several times. Saafir-Ankomah finally made it to Africa for the first time in 2010, and Ghana in West Africa was her...

Originally posted by jboldeniv View Post
    I think that what Ghana has offered is very nice. Granting free citizenship to diaspora blacks is great.
    We are the richest population in the diaspora which is why it's specific to us.

I'd love to visit and own property but I need dual citizenship

Comment

Originally posted by jasondreamweaver View Post

We are the richest population in the diaspora which is why it's specific to us.

I'd love to visit and own property but I need dual citizenship
      Exactly. Me too.

Comment

I agree that Ghana’s offer is very generous and thoughtful. It is a way of acknowledging the historical injustice and trauma that the slave trade caused to millions of Africans and their descendants. I think it is also a great opportunity for African-Americans and others from the diaspora to reconnect with their roots, learn about their culture and heritage, and contribute to the development of Ghana and Africa.
        I am so excited for countdown to new york trip

Comment

Originally posted by Lara View Post
          I agree that Ghana’s offer is very generous and thoughtful. It is a way of acknowledging the historical injustice and trauma that the slave trade caused to millions of Africans and their descendants. I think it is also a great opportunity for African-Americans and others from the diaspora to reconnect with their roots, learn about their culture and heritage, and contribute to the development of Ghana and Africa.
          Yep. I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by jboldeniv View Post

Yep. I agree.
            Thank you for agreeing with me, I appreciate your support and feedback.

Comment

I recently came from Ghana in June. I was there for 3 weeks. It was amazing. I learned all about history, culture, and food. I even met some Black Americans thriving over there. I was there to look for a potential home. I realized that buying land and building is much cheaper than buying a home. So that's the path I'm on now. I'm actually about to pull the trigger on a 70X100 plot of land that's going for 65,00GHC which is about $5000. Then the same company offering the land builds a 2 - 3 bedroom homes for about $38,000. That's definitely in my budget.. I'll see if I can upload the promo and the type of homes they're offering.. I can't wait to get out of Amerikkka.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by alexlartwork; 08-11-2023, 08:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by alexlartwork View Post
                I recently came from Ghana in June. I was there for 3 weeks. It was amazing. I learned all about history, culture, and food. I even met some Black Americans thriving over there. I was there to look for a potential home. I realized that buying land and building is much cheaper than buying a home. So that's the path I'm on now. I'm actually about to pull the trigger on a 70X100 plot of land that's going for 65,00GHC which is about $5000. Then the same company offering the land builds a 2 - 3 bedroom homes for about $38,000. That's definitely in my budget.. I'll see if I can upload the promo and the type of homes they're offering.. I can't wait to get out of Amerikkka.
                I hear you bruh. That sounds fantastic. I didn't know that the homes over there were so cheap.

Comment

Yeah land is so cheap there but life more expensive.

Comment

Working...
                  X